This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...ALL THIS!

I'm temping in a new office this week and I've really enjoyed meeting/talking with the staff here. They are quite a cast of characters!

There is demo/remodeling going on in this office this week and the area I'm in is part of the renovation, so there is a large trash chute positioned outside the 3rd story window behind the CS desk. (I know, it just screams "We are professionals!" Doesn't it?)

Cast:
    CW= openly gay co-worker
    SC= very large, very obvious drag queen

Preface:
    SC comes in to wire money to pay an electric bill that is 6 weeks past due.
    She has enough money for the bill, but not the wire fee, so she says she'll come back with the wire fee later.
    CW tries to explain that the fee must be paid before the wire can be sent.

SC: But I'm good for it. You know, I just live around the corner. You can look at my address on the form and see that!
    CW: I am not allowed to change policy. I have to have the whole amount, including the wire fee, before I can send the wire.
    SC: But if it goes after 2pm I won't have electricity for another day.
    CW: I am not allowed to change policy. I have to have the whole amount, including the wire fee, before I can send the wire.

(customer gets increasingly belligerent)

SC: You're just trying to be difficult!
    CW: (see above)
    SC: You just hate people like me, don't you? You're trying to make my life miserable.
    CW: (see above)
    SC: You're just jealous! You wish you were like me! You wouldn't even know what to do with ALL THIS!
    (wtf?)
    CW (looks at me for confirmation): Well, it might fit down the trash chute, but it would shave some off the sides.

Seriously, at what point did "You have to pay the same fees as everyone else." become "I'm madly jealous of your pulchritude and which I was as full of awesome as you!"

That...That was awesome!!!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Working...
    X