Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this really an appropriate thing for a child to wear?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it all depends on the style itself of the halter top. If it looks like it's meant to be "sexy" then no go, if it's just another shirt that doesn't look sexy, then fine.

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
      I would just rather not be accused of staring at someone's wittle pwecious. I'm covering my butt.
      As would I. The mere accusation of pedophilia is enough to ruin a person.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

i'm of mixed opinions on that

i was allowed to wear mid-riff exposing shirts as a child (i think i had like one)... until i started to develop. then mom said "no way".

Comment

A little bit of midriff showing isn't a big deal, but when little kids dress up in really tawdry outfits or have on shirts with slogans that only an adult should wear, then that's a major no no to me.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I'm with the "nothing wrong" crowd. I used to do the knot-in-the-shirt thing all the time, and owned several middriff shirts and kiddie bikinis.

When I hit about 8 years old, I stopped wearing them. I wasn't a redneck, wasn't from a trashy family, and never considered myself a prostitot.

It's only when kids dress like skanky adults that I have a problem.
            "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

I vote for nothing wrong with halter tops on little girls. What's there to stare at?

When I was raising my daughter, I know a lot of parents would've allowed a girl outside with NO top on a hot day, until the age of 3 or so. I never did, not because I saw a thing wrong with it, but because I didn't want ther to get used to that delicious freedom and then take it away.
              Women can do anything men can.
              But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
              Maxine

Comment

My personal opinion....if it's a lazy day at home and you're just hanging around, by all means.....your kids can run around in just their diapers or naked for all I care.

But seriously, people....when you go out in public.....put some clothes on your kids. I lost count of how many babies and younger toddlers I've seen in JUST diapers at the store.....even with babies....just throw on a onesie for a trip to the store. Put some damn clothes on (and that goes for the grown ups too!)
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                  But seriously, people....when you go out in public.....put some clothes on your kids. I lost count of how many babies and younger toddlers I've seen in JUST diapers at the store.....even with babies....just throw on a onesie for a trip to the store. Put some damn clothes on (and that goes for the grown ups too!)
                  Oh, yeah, totally with you on that one!

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Thanks for the support!

It's a pet peeve of mine. I know I'm not a parent and never plan on being one (as of now anyway), but it just irks me to see babies in just their diaper in a cart, on a conveyer belt.......diapers LEAK. I know it gets ungodly hot, but surely even a onesie would do fine on a warm day? You can take it off as soon as you get back in the car, just for the love of god, put something on your kid.

When you're at home....whatever you want.

Unless of course, that means I can start doing my grocery shopping in my bras and cheekies.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Giggle Goose View Post
                      I would agree with you, but sadly, it might attract the wrong type of attention from certain types of people (i.e., pedophiles).
                      Totally agreed.

When I was a kid, it was OK for kids to expose their midriffs, both boys and girls. In fact, there never really was a problem with boys after hitting puberty doing this, as long as it was in an appropriate setting, like a playground, the beach, etc. However, letting girls do this is a completely different story.

About twenty years ago, we went to Daytona Beach for a family reunion, and there was a family there, including one boy and one girl. The boy looked about 10or 11, the girl close to 13. They were at the pool, and the girl was swimming without a top on! And, of course, you had other children at the pool who couldn't help but look at this girl, not because they found her attractive, but because they were uncomfortable with it. What really got everyone else is that nobody from the hotel staff told this girl to put a top on.

Sorry.....didn't mean to hijack your thread here. Sometimes we get off subject.

Comment

Unless the laws in Austin have been changed recently, it's perfectly legal for a female of any age to go topless in public...until somebody complains. Then she has to cover up or face getting a ticket.
                        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Here's my issue with anything like this...puberty is coming, sooner or later. Basically, my little sister developed very early. Her friends who were her age or a year or two younger would wear stuff like what's being described because they're at the "young enough to get a pass" stage, but my sister's body was passed that. My mom had to explain to her why she wouldn't allow her to wear something that shows cleavage because she, unlike her friends, actually had cleavage. This just made my sister hate her body for it's shape. This is why I plan on not allowing my theoretical daughter/s to wear something that is "ok" on a 7 year old but would be wrong on a 10 year old.

Comment

Working...
                          X