This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from staycation.

After a nice, all be it forced vacation away from the interwebs. Mostly due to a computer going dead on me, the alignment of planets, and a really bad rash on my arm that we never could track down, I return.

I've got a couple of quickies here, hopefully good for a short giggle. I will, hopefully, be brief. (eh. you know me.)

Watch What you Say
    While visiting mum at the hospital, I happen to walk in behind this nurse. Now apparently she had been dealing with some real arse, because she proceeds to say "I hate men. They're all ignorant <censored> heads who only think of themselves." She never once saw me during this, and for some reason I found myself compelled to say "We do so try." Her reaction was one of pure shock, followed by a shade of red that I never thought possible on a human.

Zero Percent Rate
    Had a bit of fun with a credit card company. Got a call a few weeks ago where the company asked if I wanted to lower the rates on my credit cards. If I would just press 9, I could speak with a representative at "Credit Card Company" (No lie that was its name) and they could lower the rate on my credit cards by half. (side note. I know this was a scam, but I still had some fun here.) So I decided to press 9 and see what happens. This woman answers, goes through her spiel or script and then says to me "So, Mr. Repsac. Do you have any questions?" To which I replied "Yeah. How can you lower the interest rate on my credit cards, when I don't have any credit cards in the first place?" She stammered some, apologized, stating they got my number by accident, and then hung up. When I later told this to a police friend of mine, he laughed himself silly. I outsmarted the scammer.

Do not touch the Electric Fence.
    Neighbor across the way has two adorable little Black Angus bull calves. Cute little buggers that he's keeping as pets (though he plans to use them for stud when they're old enough.) In order to keep the tykes where they should be on their nice five or six acre plot, he built a nice wooden fence, and then strung a three wire electric fence on the inside of that. Just to be safe. That electric fence has become the bane of the neighborhood kids. You see, before he put up the fence (the wooden one first) the kids would ride their dirtbikes in the field. After the fence went up, he had problems with them ripping planks out of it to get to the field. He told me the other day that he watched with great morbid amusement, as one pair of boys dilligently pulled the fence down (ignoring the warning signs about the electrified fence) and then proceeded to reach in and grab one of the wires. A loud ZAP! and Yelp later, the boy was standing back having wet his pants. My uncle hasn't had any trouble with the fence since. In fact, he's turned off the power now, and the kids STILL avoid it.
    Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Quoth repsac View Post
    Do not touch the Electric Fence.
    Neighbor across the way has two adorable little Black Angus bull calves. Cute little buggers
    I think you spelt burgers wrong
    ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
      I outsmarted the scammer.
      A task rather similar to outsmarting a dog by only pretending to throw a ball.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I got the same credit card scammers calling me. I finally had had enough and pressed 9 to get through to someone to have them remove me from their calling list. Instead I got some young, naive "boy" who listened rather intently when I turned him on to Dave Ramsey and how we shouldn't be using credit cards, etc. I managed to keep him on the phone a good 30 minutes listening to me while I continued and continued. Poor fella, prolly didn't have a job with that company long after that since it was supposed to be a recorded call and all. I kinda felt bad for him, but hey, they called me!

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
          To which I replied "Yeah. How can you lower the interest rate on my credit cards, when I don't have any credit cards in the first place?"
          Aw, man. I wanted to do that with those same scammers, but when I pressed 9, the system just hung up on me. *pout*

Oh, and welcome back!

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
            I outsmarted the scammer.
            Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            A task rather similar to outsmarting a dog by only pretending to throw a ball.
            My dog learned that trick, and can't be fooled anymore.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Oh the CC scammers, when they phone I say "Please place our number on your do not call list" usually they hang up before "do not call", but I got them once, when they introduced themself I said "DO NOT CALL LIST WE WANT ON IT" really quickly, they never called back :P
              Otaku

Comment

The CC scammer story reminds me of something my mom did once, years ago.

This was back in the days when the phone companies would call you up and try to persuade you to use their long-distance calling plan in lieu of whatever rival company's plan you were currently using. AT&T would call us regularly to try to convince us to use them instead of MCI.

One day, my mom finally decided she would have some fun with them. She kept them on the call for a long time, dickering about it, listening to all of the reasons they would give her about why she should switch, and demur about it, all without really telling the caller why we wouldn't switch.

Finally, the AT&T caller asked, "Ma'am, can I ask you why you're so hesitant to switch to AT&T Long Distance?" My mom replied, "Well, my husband works for MCI--" "So sorry to have bothered you, ma'am." *click*
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                X