This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Jackass"

Alright, so this is a rather short one. I recently( yesterday =P) took my car in to get the oil changed. Now, the kid sitting behind the counter(I say kid because this guy could have been no older than me, and I'm 19) looks like he really doesn't want to be there. I don't really think anything of it because I know how it is, some days you just really can't seem to care about work.

Anyway, I sit down and wait and in walks two of our families friends, also there to get there oil changed. We say hi, start chatting a bit, then the guy, let's call him J, goes to the bathroom, setting his bottle of pop of to the side of the counter. Granted, he pry could've set it somewhere else, or given it to his wife to hold.

In walks the kid that works there. He types some stuff up on a computer, la-de-da, then sees the pop, grabs it, heads toward the trash can. See where this is going? The wife, we'll call her T, saw where. She quickly starts saying "Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait!" Now this wasn't in a mean tone, but in more of a pleading tone.

Well, the kid was either very absorbed in thought and tuning it all out, or simply didn't care, because he tossed it into the trash, turned around, and walked out to the garage. T gets up, retrieves the bottle(it was one of those small trash bins and was thankfully empty), looks to where the guy had left and then to me and muttered "Jackass..."

I gave a short laugh at her comment but didn't really say much beyond that. Now, I figure that giving a guy the benefit of the doubt if he looks like he's having a bad day, is the right thing to do. However, I also think that that doesn't excuse one from not paying attention, or thinking critically. Afterall, it wasn't as if someone had come and gone and just left it there. There were people in the very same room who it could have easily belong to. I figure he should've pry at least asked first, or if it were me, leave it until everyone leaves, and if it's left there, then toss it. Especially since it was off to the side and not in anyone's way.

others may agree, or not, that's just my take.
    We Pick Up the Pieces

I'd have made certain that kid wasn't doing anything at all that could possibly involve my car.

He's paying far too little attention to his immediate surroundings.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

yeah. Lo-and-behold, after taking m car out after that, my dad notices an oil spot in the garage. No leak or anything, they just got oil EVERYWHERE.
      We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

Working...
      X