This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah yeah, hassle me; arent u CLEVER!

I get the same bus home every day. theres always the same ass on it too; i dont know if he's drunk or if hes just one of those REALLY annoying people. He's kinda middle aged, dresses smartly and he always INSISTS on talking to whichever hapless girl he decides to sit next to. my turn woot!

sometimes i dont mind talking to strangers on the bus, some can be a good laugh. but it was this guys arrogant attitude which made me want to beat him with his own cane.

AG: asshole guy
    Me: poor hapless me

AG: *clicks his fingers in my face* have you heard of shakespeare?
    Me: of course i have.
    AG: Ah yes I bet you dont know which one had the three witches within its well written and famous pages . Do you know? Yes or no? *clicks fingers in my face again*
    Me: *in pissed off tone* Macbeth obviously.
    AG: Ah no, it was Hamlet! I bet you didnt know that. Who is your favourite singer? Ever heard of stevie wonder? What a guy. Yes or no, yes or no? *clicks fingers again*
    Me: Erm, it WAS macbeth. *Everybody* knows so.
    AG: Ah - a common misconception. Dont hold onto that handle bar, the door will fly open. Come on now *clicks fingers*

I had been holding onto the handrail at the side of my seat which couldnt have opened the exit door and quite frankly, was bloody annoyed i was being spoken to like i was a non intelligent child by some weirdo when i had graduated with a science degree 2 days earlier.

Me: Dont patronise me and talk to me like I'm an idiot, pal.

And i step over him to sit further away. Prat. Then, a young guy half way down the bus turns round and starts shouting at the guy that he was a dirty old man for chatting up lassies. I felt kinda bad for him then . . . he wasnt trying to chat me up...just being a patronising git s'all !!

Quoth chocoBug View Post
    He's kinda middle aged, dresses smartly and he always INSISTS on talking to whichever hapless girl he decides to sit next to.
    [ snippage ]
    Then, a young guy half way down the bus turns round and starts shouting at the guy that he was a dirty old man for chatting up lassies. I felt kinda bad for him then . . . he wasnt trying to chat me up...just being a patronising git s'all !!
    If he's always sitting next to young women and staring in on his little patronization trip, then he probably is a dirty old man to some degree. Just because he's incapable of being even remotely charming, doesn't mean he isn't actually trying.

And I'd have told him to stop snapping his fingers at me like I was some bitch who was refusing to heel.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Your bus guy is the same as the random yoohoos out in public who try to chat me up when I'm alone or with a girlfriend of the same size as me.

It's super annoying. Call me snobby or bitchy if you want, but I absolutely hate it when I'm sitting on a bench waiting for a dinner date with a friend, or smoking outside chatting on my phone, or when I'm out with a girlfriend around the same size as me, and these random creepy (usually older, but not always) men just have to try to chat me/us up. It's almost always some scuzzball who looks like he just crawled out of a sewer with that hungry look in his eyes.

If it were a stranger who was commenting on the weather, the store we were at, ANYTHING else.....if it were a pleasant old man walking by saying "Hello, ladies!" or something like that, it'd be totally different.

Edit to add: Whenever my boyfriend is around, or one of my taller/bigger girlfriends are with me....they seem to stay away. I'm so sick and tired of men thinking small girls are easy prey.
      Last edited by blas; 07-17-2009, 02:31 AM.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Ugh..I would've ripped him several new ones quick with his arrogant, patronizing remarks. He sure was a S-M-R-T ass.
        Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 07-17-2009, 04:22 AM.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I always have my earphones with me and ipod nice and loud so I can ignore all the crazies around me when I'm on public transportation.

Had that been me he was snapping his fingers at, I would have definitely cursed him out.
          If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

It's also a common misconception that Julius Ceaser is about ancient Romans, it's actually Sonnet #34.

Comment

... hmm...some dirty old man didn't read up on his Shakespeare...
              "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
              -Red

Comment

Duh, Hamlet's the one with the puppet show.

*learned everything from Reduced Shakespeare Company*
                "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

I want to see 'Jamlet' and "Romeo & Hooliet' as made famous by Jose Jiminez.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

And this is why I liked listening to my walkman and reading to ignore idiots like him when I was still using public transportation several years ago. Then I got a car and all was well. I know not everyone can afford one, but it's just annoying when people do that.
                    Random conversation:
                    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

If it had been me, he would have been missing a couple of fingers.

And maybe he had been reading "Hammlette" by Bill Wigglestick?
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
                        Then I got a car and all was well. I know not everyone can afford one

Bicycle for the win!!!!

Why yes I am known for taking part in critical mass rides.....
                        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I used to bike, but I moved and it was way too far to ride (nearly 12 miles). I did try the bring the bike on public transit with you, but not all the buses were equipped with the front bike carriers at the time. Half of the drivers hated it when you brought the bike on board, not to mention that the light rail didn't pause long enough for you to drag it on board the trains.
                          Random conversation:
                          Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                          DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Heh, I've been in a production of Macbeth. I'd've just started throwing quotes at him.

"When shall we three meet again?
                            In thunder, lightning, or in rain?"

"When the Hurly Burly's done,
                            When the battle's lost... and won."

"Where the place?"

"Upon the heath."

"There to meet with... Macbeth"

Comment

I have nothing much to add to the thread except (a) I LOVE Hamlet, by far my favorite. Macbeth I can give or take, but Hamlet I'll take any day and (b) I rode a train for the first time in my life today. My boyfriend is part of a company bringing a commuter light rail train to my city and I was part of a small group of people that were able to preview the system. It was AWESOME! We had one protestor, but I think he was too drunk to know what he was protesting. Our friend and I were talking about how sad it was that the trains will probably eventually have graffiti and stuff like that and how that makes us sad.

Comment

Working...
                              X