This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh, Subway....

I think I need to swallow my pride and just start going to the Subway a couple of miles out of the way at the local Wal-Mart instead of the one just down the road. It's always been infamous for being very, very poorly run. The owners are total jackasses. On multiple occasions, the owners have been inside screaming at the manager on duty for gosh knows what.

Nowadays, my big issue there is this little brat. Ok, maybe she's my age or older, but I call her little brat because she looks like she's 16. Maybe I should just leave and go somewhere else when she's working.

She has no fucking clue about the deals at Subway. You know those commercials? Sub of the day? A different $5 footlong every day. I asked her about that. "Nope, that's only for 6 inch subs!" Funny....anytime anyone else is working, if I'm buying the sandwich for that certain day, it's $5 plus tax. Silly me.

(Two Saturdays ago, I ordered a roast beef sub, that's Saturday's sub. A different girl was working, and charged me $5.28. Stupid little brat charged me $7.63 *or whatever it is with tax* this past Saturday, after I politely asked her again about the sub of the day and she said "NO just six inches!")

She can't count change, either.

I'm kind of thinking that even though it's not good to let people walk over you, it's also not worth it in the longrun to lash out at some bratty child over sandwiches.

Should I go to a different Subway or should I stand up to the stupid little brat and tell her she needs to learn her job and prices?
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Complain to the manager/owner. If that does not get it done, then go somewhere else. Dont make some dumb bitch who cant do her job properly force you to go out of your way.

Comment

I'm not even sure when I can get a hold of a manager....I just can't fathom why this little brat is always working, no matter what time I come in!

Now that I think about it, there's no way she can be right....$5 for a six inch? Maybe if it's a six inch version of the super expensive subs, like the Feast and the new super loaded subs.....but the turkey six inch subs are less than $4.....so that is totally wrong.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
        should I stand up to the stupid little brat and tell her she needs to learn her job and prices?
        yes you should.

next time, she gets something obviously wrong, tell her the mistake she made and ask to see her supervisor.

just don't be an SC about it, ask nicely, explain what the issue is and that you've had trouble before.

try to avoid a busy time to complain, and despite the fact that you are willing to take your business elsewhere, don't threaten it.
        "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
        Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Um, just to point out the obvious, $5 FOOTLONG. No, I'm pretty sure FOOTLONG is not 6 inches, even if I am male.

Comment

Have you checked your reciept to make sure you're actually being charged for what you're getting? If she's smart enough to pocket the difference, she'd be making a good bit of money over the course of her shift.

Comment

I'd write in a customer complaint.
              Kangaroo Squee!

Comment

I don't see how she can pocket the difference, because 9 times out of 10, I use my debit card.

My main point is I'm wondering if she purposely is doing it to rip people off, or if she's really that dumb....

Comment

If it's her parents place there may be a chance that she's skimming $ for them. I would not only tell the manager and owner but also write Subway corporate. If they knew a franchisee, or whatever the org chain is at subway, was not following a HIGHLY advertised pricing schedule they would be very motivated to step in.

Comment

Oops I thought the OP said the brat was related to the owner. She still could be, or maybe she is that dumb. However, if it has been going on for awhile or continues it needs to be reported. Someone's getting that $ and from reading your posts your job isn't fun enough, nor does it pay you enough to be regularly losing those two extra dollars or so.

Comment

I'm not sure if she's related or not.

I sorta chickened out. Well, I got done with my overtime and stopped at a different Subway on the way home, one right before the freeway.

And yes, the Sub of the day INCLUDES footlongs, so I should NOT be paying full menu price for the sub of the day.

I think I should just shoot an e-mail to the Subway site.

Comment

I know there's the $5 six inch meal deal, but that's not what you're shooting at.

Just continue going to the one a little out of the way, if it makes you happier. Trust me, going a bit farther if something makes you happy makes it worth it.
                        "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

I asked the girl at the other subway, and footlongs are included, but instead of being $5, they're a little extra (since WI tax is 5.5%....it comes to like 5.89 so it must be like $5.25 or something).

Comment

The sub of the day thing must be advertised somewhere,in writing...find it and direct her attention to it.

If you can't get ahold of a manager while you're there, complain to another employee when you happen to be served (and charged the correct price) by one. Just tell them their coworker keeps charging you the wrong price and doesn't seem to know how the special deals work. See what they say. If she does this to everyone, on purpose or not, they've probably heard it before.
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                            X