This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walmart greeter tried to check my personal items not bought at Walmart

I went to Walmart yesterday after work. Since I take the bus to work, I had my personal belongings with me...
    • my rain suit since it rained after I got off work *I keep it in a plastic grocery bag*
    • lunch cooler
    • my purse

I did not find what I was looking for, but when I tried to exit, the greeter tried to check the grocery bag with the rain suit in it & the lunch cooler. My purse was not checked.

many stores have signs saying that they reserve the right to search any bags.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Yeah, I can't say I blame the greeter. From personal experience, there are more than a few utter dillweeds who will use bags holding other stuff for trying to steal merchandise from the store. Sucks, but it doesn't take all that many jerkasses to ruin things for everyone.
      Last edited by Nohbody; 07-22-2009, 01:02 PM.
      No matter how low my opinion of humanity as a whole gets, there are always over-achievers who seek to surpass my expectations.

Comment

Up here, if you're bringing in bags from other stores (whether or not they actually have purchases from other stores or are just used to hold other misc stuff), the greeters up here try to put a sticker on to 'seal' the bag. I don't think I've ever seen them search the bags though, since people rarely give a fuss about the stickers. (The older Wal*Mart in my town is attached to a mall, so they get a lot of out of store bags, even if you don't count the bus riders like me)

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
          many stores have signs saying that they reserve the right to search any bags.
          Just because you have a sign like that up, doesn't give the right to search. Store policy doesn't trump federal law, after all.

Comment

This is headed in one direction and one direction only - Fratching. Take it there, or be square.
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Working...
            X