This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky Parenting

I was at a local grocery store when I saw this less than stellar example of parenting skills.

This woman was standing right in front of the cart return, yakking away on her cellphone. She had her eight-ish year old daughter with her, one hand clamped on her phone, the other holding her daughter by the arm. The girl was standing politely off to one side, well, as far as she could get to the side with her mother holding onto her like that.

Her daughter saw me coming with a cart, and gently tugged on her mother's arm, to steer her aside, so I could get at the cart return. Her mother wasn't having any of it. I tried to steer the cart around the woman, but she had this uncanny ability, despite having her back to me and being (apparently) unaware of my presence, to step into my path no matter which side I went to. Her daughter again tried to steer her mother out of my way. No go.

Finally, the woman gets off the phone, turns around, and apparently me standing there just about scared the crap out of her, judging by the way she jumped back.

The woman immediately turned to her daughter, and gave the poor girl a long, loud lecture on staying out of people's way, how blocking people's path was rude, intolerable, and if she did it again, she'd get a spanking.

WTF?!?! Oh that cow! She should not have any children if she is going to be such a selfish bitch! I hope that girl grows up and puts her mother in the worst nursing home she can find!

I would have said something to the bitch and it wouldn't have been pretty. I wouldn't have sworn at all, since her child was there, but that mother would have got an earful!
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Actually Ma'am... YOU were in my way. Your daughter was being VERY polite and trying to get your attention to tell you that YOU were in my way, but like the nice lady you are You ignored her and thus blocked my path. Your kid should get ice cream... and YOU should be punished.
      "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
      -Red

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
        and YOU should be punished.
        All I can think is "Yes, you've been a VERY naughty girl..." *whip crack*
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
          I would have said something to the bitch and it wouldn't have been pretty. I wouldn't have sworn at all, since her child was there, but that mother would have got an earful!
          Normally, I would too; I've said similar things in the past. But this time, something about it just struck me speechless. By the time I got my witty retort organized, they were gone.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            Is it wrong that reading that line gave me shivers?
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Maybe a little.

Comment

Maybe a little.
                um is there a penalty for being wrong?
                Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Stupid ass bitch was in the way and too busy to give a shit because she was on her cellphone while her daughter tried to warn her! She should be punished!
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Well at least we know the kid is on the right track to growing up to be a considerate person.....let's just be thankful for the little things. She must have gotten that from her father.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                      um is there a penalty for being wrong?
                      Yes. *gets out the toys*

Comment

Yes. *gets out the toys*
                        eep*

*the term eep! is actually an often heard BK exclamation-very high-pitched, reminiscent of a mouse squeak.

Comment

eep*

*the term eep! is actually an often heard BK exclamation-very high-pitched, reminiscent of a mouse squeak.
                          Too awesome

Comment

Seems I can't get away from the naughty... the reply originally said "YOU should get the spanking!" But I thought it would come off to Naughty....*sighs* Oh well I guess I have to accept I live in the gutter!

Is it wrong that reading that line gave me shivers?
                            *giggles* Only if you forgot the handcuffs! *cough*
                            "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                            -Red

Comment

Working...
                            X