This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mother and her ham.

I love my mom, shes the one who blessed me with my loud mouth.

If you don't know her, you could, potentially mistake her loudness for anger.

When she came home and told this story.. I almost feel bad for these people. ><;

*ahem* One morning, early, my mom decides to take my dad and go food shopping. In my house, we like ham. Ham is delicious. It makes good sandwiches. She went to get ham. She noticed a sale on the cheap ham we love. She attempts to order ham.

The guy at the deli counter says that they are out and will check in back. When he returned, he said all the had was the more expensive, and not sale priced ham. Mom got upset. How could one possibly run out of the gift of ham! She went, loudly expressing her upsetness. This is normal for her. How could they not have ham! Delicious delicious ham...

She went to the customer service desk and asked to raincheck ham. The woman there said she could not because it was a deli special. Mom got louder still, and walked away.

As she continued shopping, the service desk woman runs up to her and explains that if she goes to the deli counter and finds a guy named Mick, she can get the high priced ham for the sale price.

So, she finds Mick and gets her ham. He expressed how she got the department in trouble. (Bad Mom.) My dad proceeds to pretend hes on a radio and is following my mom, the ham lady, saying things like "Give her ham, get rid of her!"

I think my mom was a SC. ; ; (I said I would be posting this here, so, HI MOM.)
    You seem to harbor barbaric tendencies. I suggest you visit a physician at your earliest convenience.

*chuckle* i like your title.

Comment

Ok so this comment feels obligatory:

What a ham

Anyway I can understand being upset over a product not being in stock, but there really is no reason to get all bent out of shape about it. Based on your description of your mother I imagine she wasn't going on a foaming at the mouth tirade. At this point I would say its more the intent behind the action than the action itself that would make her an SC. Did she make a scene to get the higher priced stuff at the sale price? I would imagine not since she tried to put the other ham on rain check, but since they wouldn't rain check it at the sale price it seems like maybe the price was a motivator as well.

Most stores have a "while supplies last" clause for sale items for just such reasons.

Comment

Working...
      X