Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just shut up and bring out the ID's already!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just shut up and bring out the ID's already!

I was shopping at the grocery store by my apartment and was getting ready to check out. As a bit of side information, I CANNOT seem to check out without some sort of problem happening at the register I'm at with a customer ahead of me. It doesn't matter where I am, I can't check out without the register freezing, the customer forgetting their wallet, items not ringing up properly, you get the idea.

Well today, it was a group of three girls who looked about my age attempting to buy those gross wine cooler things. Now, I'm twenty, and these girls looked like they could have been maybe a year or two younger. They acted like five year-olds. Naturally, the cashier asks for ID.

ST1: Silly Twat 1
    ST2: Silly Twat 2
    ST3: You get the idea.
    C: Cashier
    Me:

ST1: Sure! Here you go! *forks over ID pleasantly enough*
    C: Sorry, but I need all three ID's.
    ST2: But she's the one paying!
    ST3: Yeah! Why do we have to show OURS?
    C: Because you're obviously all here together, so I need to check all three.
    ST3: Well I don't have mine.
    ST2: Me either. It's out in the car.
    C: Well, I can save this for you while you go out to the car and get them, then.
    ST1: This is so stupid! If I'm paying, why can't you just take my ID?
    Me: *has had enough at this point* She's already explained why once. It's not her fault you're too stupid to understand. Go get the ID's or leave.

The girls get all huffy and puffy and just kind of stare at me. What? Never had someone call you on your shit before? Neat.

ST1: Fine! We'll go get it somewhere else! *flounces off with the rest of the silly twat trio* (yes, I like the word twat. it makes me giggle)
    Me: Finally. *smiles at the cashier* How're you today?
    C: Infinitely better, thank you!
    Me: I'm a cashier in the next town over and I hate it when people get all pissy about being asked for ID. First time I've been able to say something back
    C: I know! *finishes up with my order in a few moments* Have a great day!
    Me: You, too!

Yeah, on reflection I maybe shouldn't have said anything, but it really pisses me off when people act as though because they know they're twenty-one, no one else needs to see their ID. Well I'm sorry. You ARE the droids I'm looking for and thus I DO need to see your identification. Only once you've given me that may you move along, thank you.
    I have CDO. It's kinda like OCD, but the letters are where they should be!

After Tuesday, even the calendar goes W T F...

What annoys me is when cashiers decline to look at my ID and I look like I'm just out of high school and I've been out for 14 yrs. Why does it annoy me? Because it never fails and it's almost like a mind game for some of them and I'm just cutting to the chase. When I reach for my money before my ID or before I can even set the item down I get the curt "lemme see some ID." When I show them, they look at me all suspicious then swipe it in one of those scanners. All of a sudden I start getting compliments on how lucky I am to look so young. It's kinda annoying because it reminds me of how a beautiful woman probably feels about being told they're beautiful all the time...they already know. I just usually go along w/the conversation.

Comment

Quoth MelodiousBubbles View Post
      Yeah, on reflection I maybe shouldn't have said anything, but it really pisses me off when people act as though because they know they're twenty-one, no one else needs to see their ID. Well I'm sorry. You ARE the droids I'm looking for and thus I DO need to see your identification. Only once you've given me that may you move along, thank you.
      You got to pwn a SC and brighten a cashier's day. What's there to regret?
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
        You got to pwn a SC and brighten a cashier's day. What's there to regret?

I second that! If more people got called on their shit we'd all have a lot less to talk about
        I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused

Comment

I'm 24 and get asked for ID to buy superglue, which means that the guy must think that I'm 15! I'll enjoy looking young when I'm older, I'm sure, but it is annoying. Luckily, I don't drink or smoke, so it comes up rarely.

Uhhh...back to your post Yeah, I've never understood why people refuse ID. Unless they are committing a crime of course! I appreciate that it can be annoying if your sixty with a bald head and a flowing grey beard, but the cashier is just doing their job, and bitching and whining about it won't change anything...until the spineless manager comes down and lets them buy anyway...

Comment

You know what's funny, there's two 9-13 stores here... my store and one not 2 miles away... mine I've always been asked for ID until I started working there, the other one, I went into 4 times... only time I ever got asked was when I had to pay for it in singles.... so yeah, hopefully they don't get stung with that.

Comment

In Maine, if you look to be under 30, we're required to ask for ID. So even if they had looked 21, they would have been asked. And unless it's obvious that the people with you are, well, your kids or something, we have to card them, too.

You'd think people would realize this
              I have CDO. It's kinda like OCD, but the letters are where they should be!

After Tuesday, even the calendar goes W T F...

Comment

You ARE the droids I'm looking for and thus I DO need to see your identification. Only once you've given me that may you move along, thank you.
                "I can't abide those SCs. Disgusting creatures!"
                In Maine, if you look to be under 30, we're required to ask for ID. So even if they had looked 21, they would have been asked. And unless it's obvious that the people with you are, well, your kids or something, we have to card them, too.

You'd think people would realize this
                You'd think so, yes. Wanna bet this wasn't the first store those STs tried to buy wine coolers from that day? You'd think they'd figure out to send only the 21-year-old into the store to buy the booze and have the others wait at home, but noooo... (Not that I'm in favor of underage drinking or breaking the law, I'm certainly not, but you can get around the ID thing with a little forethought.)
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  "I can't abide those SCs. Disgusting creatures!
                  Customer Service, you'll never find a greater hive of scum and villiany.

hehehe.

Comment

Working...
                  X