This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm beginning to think my complex is sucky

So I am without water today, with no warning. The mngr is working on something in another apt. in my building. They could have called the half-dozen of us to let us know. I found out by accident. I called 2 hours ago and was understanding about it; it would be on "within the hour". Ok, I was doing household projects this afternoon, so I didn't shower. But I'd like to run errands somewhat clean. Now I'm irritated. I'm just glad I'm off today, instead of running home to try to shower between jobs!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

I used to live in a complex that did that on a consistent basis.....among a HOST of other things.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Isn't there laws in some places that the apartment management has to give you warning within a certain amount of time if they're going to be doing work?
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Not all landlords/property management companies follow the law.

One early afternoon, I was awoken by the furious sound of a jackhammer. No one told me they were re-doing the sidewalk by the apartments and making new wheelchair ramps.

And at my old apartment, no one told me they were going to be putting new siding and trim on all the windows.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Describing the manager at the really run down complex I once lived in as "crappy" would be paying her a compliment. At the time I worked a 2:00 to 11:00 shift, so I didn't get up until 10 or so. One afternoon, I was showering when the water shut off. I finally got a call through to the office and was told the maintenance guy had shut the water off to the entire complex so he could work on a leak. The very leak that had been visible for several days and had caused a swamp in front of the office. The manager said she didn't know when the water would be back on.

I was covered in drying soap and needed to rinse off, so I slipped on my swim trunks and headed to the pool. When the manager saw me jump in, she had a cow. I just got out and asked her what else I was supposed to have done since she shut off the water while I was in the shower. She fumed and sputtered, but couldn't give me an answer.

Man, was I glad when I moved out of that place.
          "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
          .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth tigerlily0
            One time the water shut off at a condo I was renting right in the middle of a shower. I was covered with soap. What I did was use the water in the toilet and a washcloth and rinse the soap off. Not pleasant and very cold.
            From the tank, not the bowl, right?
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Damn. That sounds like what my *borough* did last winter. Seemed like the water was "disappearing" every damn night. I'd get home from work, turn the tap on and...nothing. Turns out that they'd decided to fix the failing water main...in the middle of a week of below-zero (F) weather. Never mind that it had been having problems since I moved in...way back in 2006!

So there were several days that the water would mysteriously shut off. Luckily, if it went out, I could simply go down the street to my mother's. However, not everyone is so lucky--one of my neighbors said that he was in the shower...and it suddenly shut off Good thing he'd already washed out the shampoo

Then there was the time that they shut the gas off. Again, in the middle of winter. Why they didn't replace the water and gas lines in *summer,* I have no idea. Anyway, again it was below zero...and I'm at home sick, and no heat! Bastards.
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
              X