This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spider in the buns!

This isn't really a sucky worker, more like a sucky company, or just a fluke. Anyway, it happened back in the days of yore when I was in high school. Back then my father played pool every Tuesday night, and he'd play through dinner, so my mom wouldn't bother cooking and would buy my brother and I something quick that we could make ourselves. This one Tuesday she picked my brother and I up from school and we went to the supermarket where she bought hot dogs and hot dog buns.
    Back at home we were getting ready to cook our hot dogs when my brother pointed out something strange- there was a spider in the bag of buns. A big one. It was still alive and was crawling around in there. I have no idea how long it had been in there, but since we hadn't even opened the bag yet, we took it back to the supermarket and showed the customer service lady, who kind of screamed and jumped back. She then apologized to us and gave us a replacement.
    Kind of interesting: My mom later noticed that after that incident, the supermarket no longer carried that brand of buns, up to the day it closed up. Coincidence?
    Anyway, since the spider was still alive, I guess the buns hadn't been on the shelf that long. It's hard to believe it could survive being packed into a bag, loaded onto a truck and delivered to a supermarket, although I guess it hadn't been shipped very far. I guess a sufficient amount of air was getting through the bag tie.
    Random story, but I got nostalgic today.
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

I'd imagine that a spider wouldn't need that much air, especially if it was resting for much of the time.

Still, though... eww.

I freaking hate spiders, and just about anything else with more limbs than a cat or dog.
    No matter how low my opinion of humanity as a whole gets, there are always over-achievers who seek to surpass my expectations.

Comment

...I'm going to have a hard time eating hotdogs for a while, now. Ick.

Comment

[To the tune of Smoke on the Water]

Doooogs on the griiiill
        Spider in the buns!

Comment

I'd prefer a spider than something worse, myself. Especially a live one.

Comment

What worse than a spider in the buns? Half a spider.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Well depending on transportation time, packing conditions, etc. The spider may have hatched in the bag rather than crawled into it.
              How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
                Well depending on transportation time, packing conditions, etc. The spider may have hatched in the bag rather than crawled into it.
                That's a good point. Poor spider- his whole life in a transparent bag of bread.
                It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
                  That's a good point. Poor spider- his whole life in a transparent bag of bread.
                  But really, isn't that all we are? Spiders in a transparent bag?

/existentialism

Comment

now i want to throw up. ugh.

Comment

...There was an old woman who swallow a spider.
                      It wriggled and jiggled and tickled in side her...
                      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

The spider may have hatched in the bag rather than crawled into it.
                        That seems even creepier to me.
                        Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Anyone else want hot dogs?
                          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Tamales with an earwig in the cornhusks?
                            Or a classic from Wapsi Square in 2001 "Fermented banana"
                            Last edited by dalesys; 08-05-2009, 07:18 PM.
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

The spider may have hatched in the bag rather than crawled into it.
                              that would be many small spiderlings-not one big spider-spiders lay hundreds of eggs-each about the size of a pin head-even tarantulas-and the general incubation period for spider eggs is 2-4 weeks-not possible, not even likely.
                              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
                              X