This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Kid = Little Legs

The title is a correct statement as far as I'm aware and something I had assumed to be of knowledge EVERYONE should have. But apparantly these parents of the day forgot that...repetedly.

Went to Mom's place yesterday and driving with a ringing ear and headache from said ringing was enough to shorten my temper. I gritted my teeth since Mom has been letting me use her car and took her to run some errands.

At the local wally's we started out with her shopping of dog food and non grocery items. There we met a woman in a moterized cart trying to lift some too heavy cat litter, I got poked in the side and grabbed it for her. Also helped her get some cat food as well. No suck there.

Went down towards automotive and a guy called from in the aisle to ask if I could help him with the book of parts numbers. I blinked at him for a second and he peered back at the book and I blinked before going over. He asked if the line said a certain make/model/part and I had said yes and so he carefully slid his finger to the middle of the book and asked if I could read the number there. Read it off, he repeated and then started looking for said part. I found it and he thanked me for my help. His wife then returned with a worker to help find the found part and he said I had already helped. No suck from him but his wife started to moan loudly about how the writing is too small in those books, never taking the moment to thank the worker for coming with them. So slight suck.

Then we get towards the shoes and there is Mother of the year walking quickly past us shouting for someone to HURRY UP. I looked around and shrugged only to have Mom get this annoyed Mom look on her face. Immediately I went to standing right behind her thinking *I* had done something when here comes this young kid trying to run past us to catch up with the hurrying Mom.

My Mom's expression got a bit more...darker and she muttered to herself. Shrugging it off a bit we continued to shop and rant into them again, this time with laid back Dad whose pants are ready to fall off his rear.

"I thought I told you to hurry up we aint got all damn day to wait on your fucking lazy behind."

Mom stopped then and looked down at the kid who looked like they were ready to bawl. "It's okay, she forgot that your legs are only so long and hers are taller then yours." Kid just kinda looks at Mom who gives the other Mom a dark look. "Children should be kept in front not behind."

Dad just kinda shrugs it off about how a 'old cracker bitch' needs to keep her 'big nose and fat ass' out of their business. The other Mom just got the cat but expression, grabbed the kids arm and starts dragging him away. Mom's shaking with anger and I just kinda hurry her to a line to leave. Really didn't need her to try and start something.

But really Mom always kept me in front or at her side. Saying that if I was behind her she couldn't see what I was doing or who was around me.

Quoth Aethian View Post

"I thought I told you to hurry up we aint got all damn day to wait on your fucking lazy behind."

Mom stopped then and looked down at the kid who looked like they were ready to bawl. "It's okay, she forgot that your legs are only so long and hers are taller then yours." Kid just kinda looks at Mom who gives the other Mom a dark look. "Children should be kept in front not behind."

Dad just kinda shrugs it off about how a 'old cracker bitch' needs to keep her 'big nose and fat ass' out of their business. The other Mom just got the cat but expression, grabbed the kids arm and starts dragging him away. Mom's shaking with anger and I just kinda hurry her to a line to leave. Really didn't need her to try and start something.

But really Mom always kept me in front or at her side. Saying that if I was behind her she couldn't see what I was doing or who was around me.
    Kudos to your momma. That makes me sad to see. I always keep my little 3 yr old in front of me at all times or hold her hand.

People, as always, dont like to hear the truth. I hope your mom helped that little kid feel bette,r if even for a second.

Comment

I agree with Amina.

I always either have Lil' Zel (3 yr old as well) in front of me or holding my hand when we're out shopping groceries, it is so damn easy to get lost from eachother in crowded spaces.
      I can't count how many times I had to accompany a distraught kid to the information stand because the parents just scurried up and down the aisles and expected a little toddler to be able to catch up with them.

And most often I have to tell Lil' Zel to slow down, not to hurry up!
      A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

I too have to keep telling Child Rum to slow down.

She's also 6 years old and right around, or a little above the 4 foot mark.

My BIL#1 and his wife let their kids wander behind them wherever they are (including parking lots! ) Annoys the heck out of me. SIL#1 thought I was weird because I was in the back with the youngest having a conversation (okay, I was doing all the talking because she couldn't say too many words. )

Comment

That's sad. I see a LOT of poor little kids trailing a good 10-20 feet behind their parents. Even in the parking lots. Even when the kid's attempting to push a full cart by himself and the mother's (always the mothers!) screaming at him to catch-up!
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

No worries. Their parents won't be the fast ones forever.

Not too long from now, the parents will be kicking and screaming that the kids won't wait up for them.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
            X