X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wal-Mart sighting

My mom just told me this one.

She was in Wal-Mart. A Cashier forgot to give my mom 50 cents. By accident she closed the register and needed a manager to open it up for her. My mom had no problem waiting. The man behind her did. The Cashier called the manager up a few times, but he was "busy" and in the meanwhile, the man behind my mom kept saying, "I haven't got all day. I've been waiting here for 7 minutes!" Finally my mom got her change and everyone is happy again.

I get flustered whenever I have no 10s or 5s. Even if the customer doesn't mind having only singles. It makes me lose singles and then if the next customer has only 20s, I have to ask for another form of payment.

Comment

Pardon a possibly stupid question, but why didn't the cashier ask if your mom would be willing to wait until she was cashing out the next customer, when the register would open again?

(That said, the guy after her was a douche.)
      No matter how low my opinion of humanity as a whole gets, there are always over-achievers who seek to surpass my expectations.

Comment

Quoth Nohbody View Post
        Pardon a possibly stupid question, but why didn't the cashier ask if your mom would be willing to wait until she was cashing out the next customer, when the register would open again?
        I've tried that.

The woman yelled at me "I was here first and you want to take the NEXT person! This is ridiculous! Never mind!!"

She just left her stuff and stormed out.

-That's why we don't try things like that.

Comment

Quoth Nohbody View Post

(That said, the guy after her was a douche.)
          I don't know. Probably for the reason why the poster above me said.

Comment

Quoth badgegirl007 View Post
            Poor girl was so flustered before I told her it was ok and just get me singles, I'm sure she was ready for me to rip her a new one. She looked like she was used to it unfortunately.
            I've been seeing that a lot lately, too, and it's always over simple mistakes or minor inconveniences. Like the fast food server a few weeks ago who forgot that I ordered my drink without ice. She put ice in it, probably just because of habit. I calmly said, "I'm sorry, could I get that without ice?" She paled and snatched the glass back up off the counter like it was going to attack me. She said, "Oh, I am so, so sorry! I'll replace that right away!"

Retail and service workers are getting so conditioned to SC and EW behavior that they're reacting to it before it happens! It's not a good sign.
            I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
            - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
            - IPF

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
              I've been seeing that a lot lately, too, and it's always over simple mistakes or minor inconveniences. Like the fast food server a few weeks ago who forgot that I ordered my drink without ice. She put ice in it, probably just because of habit. I calmly said, "I'm sorry, could I get that without ice?" She paled and snatched the glass back up off the counter like it was going to attack me. She said, "Oh, I am so, so sorry! I'll replace that right away!"

Retail and service workers are getting so conditioned to SC and EW behavior that they're reacting to it before it happens! It's not a good sign.
              LOL. Oh God I hate it when that happens. When I make something and then the customer doesn't want it the way I made it so I have to make a new one. I get pissed off at the customer mostly because they were the ones who didn't tell me. Like for example, when they want something w/o whipped cream, sometimes they don't tell me and then I have to go back and take it off.

Comment

Quoth tinamarble88 View Post
                LOL. Oh God I hate it when that happens. When I make something and then the customer doesn't want it the way I made it so I have to make a new one. I get pissed off at the customer mostly because they were the ones who didn't tell me. Like for example, when they want something w/o whipped cream, sometimes they don't tell me and then I have to go back and take it off.
                I always apologize when I forget to say no whip. But I just ask them to scrape it off, if they can. (Otherwise I just drink it down & leave the whip at the bottom of the cup--not difficult). Remaking the drink is wasteful.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                X