X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help in the paint isle!

This wasn't really sucky, just...odd.

My boyfriend and I were at a craft store getting various spray paints and clear coatings for a couple of projects. We were comparing various paints between ourselves when this woman came into the isle. We tried to squeeze along the sides to accomodate her and her cart, but she managed to hit both of us on her way through anyway. Then she stopped between us and asked my boyfriend where she would find a tawny-colored paint to paint a concrete statue. My boyfriend's in a tank top, running shorts & a bandanna because we were going to the gym after. He points her towards the acrylics and she hems & haws a bit then asks ME to get her some of the browns. I'm wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt that says 'Crying, it's puking for the soul' and I had my arms full of stuff to buy, but I get her some of the colors she was interested in. She then asks us about how much paint she should buy, then asks us where the glue would be. Luckily the glue was right in the same isle so we pointed it out to her and got the heck out of there!

We just really, really didn't look like we worked there. I could see if maybe she had just wanted a second opinion (like do these colors look like they match), but we were just about doing her shopping for her!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

I wouldn't have been as nice and told her to stuff it and get her own shit.

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
      Me too...especially if my hands were full of my own stuff already. These stories of customers mixing up other customers for employees, when they clearly are NOT employees, always boggles me. At least she wasn't overly rude about it.

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
        I'm with you on this one. For politeness's sake, I would have first said something to the effect of, "Oh! I'm sorry, but I think you may be mistaken, I'm just here to pick up a few things as well, I don't work here. " Failure to take that to heart will result in an additional, "Oh well, guess you're on your own, bitch."

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
          I would have been just as bold. Telling her to shove it or something. Im a really nice person, but dont be stupid, lady, your times no more valuable than mine.
          Sorry, my love cannot be bought. And if it could, you obviously don't have enough in your account to do so.

~Do not pass go, Do not collect $200. You lose, my friend, you lose~

Comment

Did she at least apologize for *ramming* you two with her cart?
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I guess she kind of appologized if 'Oooh' and 'Oops' count as appologies!
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

for me it would depend on the person
                after being rammed... no

but the little old lady who needed help finding the baked beans?
                i went and even picked them up for her. she could barely move as it was.

Comment

Working...
                X