This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention guitar shop SCs

While I am aware that you are allowed to try out a song that you like to play on guitar; please stop playing the following because it annoys me, other guitarists and the clerks:

Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven. Yes it's a great song but when there is a sign up on the wall saying "No stairway to heaven" it means it. They are honestly not joking.

AC/DC -Back in Black, heard it too many times and I don't need to hear your bad tone to accompany it.

Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water, see above.

Other songs I want you to stop playing: Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit, yes Nirvana is great but come on play something that isn't tired. Also, quit trying to show off with your cheesy solos, the guys who run the shop can run circles around you without even trying.

Thank you and that is all.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Stairway denied.

Comment

Remind me to come in some time and massacre Freebird for you. You'll be begging for Smoke on the Water in no time
      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

There's a guitar shop I go to that has a sign on the wall with the following rules:

1) No Stairway.
        2) No Smoke on the Water.
        3) No Smells Like Teen Spirit.
        4) No other songs beginning with S.
        5) No singing along. This isn't your bedroom.
        6) No MySpace haircuts.
        7) No playing a bunch of fancy riffs your much cooler brother taught you, then looking at us like you think we're impressed.
        8) No humming. See point 5.
        9) No playing with a crappy, thin plastic pick and then claiming it "sounds tinny".

I love that shop.
        Me non rogo, hic modo laboro.

Comment

Quoth Hempress View Post
          Stairway denied.
          Woo hoo!!! "Wayne's World" reference!!!!

"Live in the now!!!!!!!!!!"
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

What's a myspace haircut?
            You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Are they trying out for a place in Ande Supporting Bands?

Comment

No playing the same damn chord over and over again as loud as you can.

AND THE BIGGEST RULE OF ALL:
                No climbing.
                "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Do you hear the riff from Crazy Train much?

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                    Are they trying out for a place in Ande Supporting Bands?
                    Bah, I like The Band With Rocks In better.
                    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                      Bah, I like The Band With Rocks In better.
                      Yeah, but they've got talent. And a roadie. And they play the classics occasionally. All with me now:

Gold, gold, gold, gold
                      Gold, gold, gold, goooooooooold
                      Gold, gold, gold, gold
                      Gold, gogogol, goooooooooold!

Comment

We're mean, and turf
                        We're mean, and turf
                        And we walk towards you in a menacing way!

Yo!

Comment

You know, I was in a guitar shop recently that also denied patrons the right to play Stairway, so no probs there.
                          I did see a customer get asked to hold back on the incessant strumming though.
                          What made my day, however, was the pro who came in having obviously done his research, and asked to try out a Stratocaster (Wayne's World reference there too), and started with Nothing Else Matters.
                          Now, I already love that song.
                          But he transitioned from test strum to full-on impromptu performance. He had the whole shop riveted.
                          Then, after a well-deserved round of applause, a staffer covered the No Stairway sign, and he ripped off a stunning performance of that too.

Wen I left, the sign had been annotated to read
                          "Performance of Stairway to Heaven is strictly forbidden (Exceptions granted. Ask at desk)"
                          I think, therefore I am. But I am micromanaged, therefore I am not.

Comment

I've always fancied learnig to play a banjo, after hearing the duelling banjos in Deliverance.

Of course have inconsistant tonal hearing means I'd have no hope.
                            ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth jb17kx View Post
                              too), and started with Nothing Else Matters.
                              Now, I already love that song.
                              But he transitioned from test strum to full-on impromptu performance. He had the whole shop riveted.
                              Did you get his name by any chance? Nothing Else Matters is going to be my wedding song. A live performer would be awesome. I am already flying 2 in from Melbourne for the wedding, I can throw in a 3rd from Canberra.
                              The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Working...
                              X