X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RK Goes To The Mall

Yeah.

I know, I never go to the mall. But I have an almost-four year old, and you know, Build A Bear, and well...

So we go to the mall.

Most of the kiosk cockroaches don't bother me, evidently I have an unapproachable vibe going on (which is exactly what I'm trying to do, so, GOOD.) Except this one chick flounces over and goes "Do you straighten your hair?"

Okay, let me tell you something. I have a big nose and my eyes are too close set. I have lousy cheekbones. However, I have the best hair of anyone I know. I'm just sayin'.

Magnificent Dumbass: Do you straighten your hair?
    Me: Nope. This is how my hair looks normally. (which is to say my hair looks smooth, shiny, healthy, and not in any way in need of a straightener. My hair is mostly straight, now that I'm older. It's thick and only wavy enough to give it some very nice bounce. )
    MD: Come over here and try our straightener!
    Me: thinking (uh...Did I hear you right, or did you NOT hear ME right? I just kept walking at that point.
    Husband (to her): Yeah...not a great idea... (evidently she'd stepped towards me as I moved away. Chick owes him, he probably saved her life.)

What did she think she was gonna do to my hair? Dumbass.

The ironic bit is that my husband has a headful of telephone-cord curls, and she ignored him till he told her to leave it. Though if she'd put her hands on him, I'd have shown her a second use for that "straightener."
    Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 08-18-2009, 04:55 AM.

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
    I'd have shown her a second use for that "straightener."
    Streaming video?

Just feeling hopeful.

Rapscallion

Comment

Probably would have been more like "steaming video."

Comment

Those people always try to grab me 'cause I have curly hair. They seem genuinely surprised when I tell them emphatically that I LIKE my curls.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I could see if they grabbed the husband. But you can see from my avatar that my hair is more or less straight. It's got some body, but not any real curl anymore.

And I told her I didn't use a straightener, even.

Maybe she thought I was lying about it? My husband looks biracial, and while I personally don't think I do, I have been asked more than a few times if I was was. Maybe she thought I was being sarcastic when I said I didn't.

Or, maybe she wasn't even listening to what people were saying back to her.

Comment

Build a bear is fun for the little monsters. Each of my 3 Grandkids got one for their first birthday.

I have a nice line in glares if the kioskers bother me. They rarely do.

Comment

40 bucks for a lamb in a tutu.

Unreal.

Comment

I could see if they grabbed the husband. But you can see from my avatar that my hair is more or less straight. It's got some body, but not any real curl anymore.

And I told her I didn't use a straightener, even.
                She wanted to show you how 'wonderful' your hair would look if you straightened it.

They always want to get you to use their straightener/curler/colour/bleach/product of the month. And noone is ever allowed to be perfectly satisfied with how they look already.

Think of the economy! SPEND SPEND SPEND! Be dissatisfied with yourself - it's for the sake of your country!
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Yeah, I suppose you are right. If I have the gall to be satisfied with any part of my appearance, the terrorists win.

Comment

Yeah, I suppose you are right. If I have the gall to be satisfied with any part of my appearance, the terrorists win.
                    Boy am I a terrorist then. Most of the time I don't care about my appearance at all. As long as the bases are covered, I don't smell, and the clothes aren't to shabby I figure I'm ok enough to go outside.

Surprisingly I never get bother by the kiosk folks. Only once ever did I and it was because they were a bridal one and I need things for my hair for a wedding I was standing up in. The two ladies there didn't try shoving to much at me since I specified that I had to be able to put the hair up myself.
                    "It's not what your doing so much as the idiotic way your doing it." Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7.

Comment

Working...
                    X