This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gym hag

I take a circuit training class at my gym that is offered every Tuesday and Thursday from 6-7pm. Because of the nature of the class, it takes place in the smaller of the 2 workout rooms that house cardio and strength equipment.

I started my job yesterday, so I got to class super early because I wasn't sure how to gauge my time yet, so I spent half an hour talking with the trainer who runs the class. We're sitting at this computer in the small room talking until 10 mins before class. At that point, the trainer gets up, posts the regular 2 signs on the door that are in neon pink that asks people not to come into the room because class is in session. She then goes around the room and talks to people who she doesn't recognize as class regulars and tells them that class is starting in 10 minutes and to please wind down their activities and either continue in the large workout room, join the class, or leave. She's really nice about telling everyone to GTFO.

So she finishes up and comes back to sit with me and this old hag comes up and starts talking down to the trainer saying that if the trainer wants to have a class, then she should post a sign. She says it like this is some whim of the trainer, and not a set class that has been at the same time for years. The trainer apologizes and says she did put up signs about 5 minutes ago. The old hag was like, "Well I got here 45 minutes ago, how do you expect me to know? You should have signs up!" I was getting really annoyed at this hag's attitude and then I remembered something. So I speak up, "Excuse me, but there are 2 signs right here in this window that are up at ALL times." Hah. The old hag starts sputtering, "Well, I didn't see them!" Too bad. They're there. So she left and was probably going to complain, but who cares, I don't work there!

Trainer thanked me up and down for standing up to the hag. Apparently hag complains at least once a week about class time! Maybe now she'll shut up or arrange her time better because she has no excuse anymore. I'm just glad I got to stand up for the trainer because she's not allowed to really say much except apologize.

Quoth sprocket79 View Post
    Apparently hag complains at least once a week about class time! Maybe now she'll shut up or arrange her time better because she has no excuse anymore. I'm just glad I got to stand up for the trainer because she's not allowed to really say much except apologize.
    ....SC's need an excuse to be hags. 0.o News to me!

Odds are, sadly enough, she'll continue this trend, because it hasn't yet and probably never will, clicked that she isn't the most important person in the universe.

>.> I swear, I'm not bitter or jaded. Really, I'm not. But good for you, standing up for the trainer! It's always nice to tell people how it is, if you're allowed to. As long as you're not an ass about it like they are.

Comment

You know I misread the title and thought it said Gym Bag. I kept wondering how the bag came into play.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

now when she whines that she didnt see them
        you can say "they're the same signs i pointed out to you last week; they haven't changed. maybe you should go and read one now."

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          You know I misread the title and thought it said Gym Bag. I kept wondering how the bag came into play.
          LOL! That's just me, trying to be clever!

Comment

Working...
          X