Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

never has acceptance felt so wrong (short)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• never has acceptance felt so wrong (short)

OK, so while doing aimless wanderings in downtown today (ok, so we wanted to go to our favorite New York style Deli, so not quite aimless) we ran into this guy who, well... umm... awkward...
    anyway, without further ado, the characters

me-
    bf- worlds most amazing boyfriend
    cg- crazy guy

cg- (randomly coming up to us) hey guys I need to tell you something.
    me and bf- (thinking oh no, not again) uhuh....
    cg- there's nothing wrong, I'm ok with you, don't worry about it.
    me- is that all...
    cg- yup, just wanted to make sure you knew (walks away)
    bf- what just happened
    me- i don't know, but that was awkward and I feel a little bit dirty...
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Well. That is a little uncomfortable. But it's also nice to know...I guess?? At least not everyone over the border of Utah are paranoid little turds.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

well seeing as tolerance in Utah (judging from past posts from you) seems to be at a low maybe this crazy guy has to work EXTRA hard. to let you know that 'he's ok with it.. really. thats all'

kinda weird i admit. But hey overall it's gotta be better than another ignorant jackass right?
      Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

Yeah... That's always awkward. I hate it when people go out of your way to make sure you know that they're cool with it. And its better than a hellfire and brimstone reaction... But not by much. Makes me feel like I'm sticking out like a sore thumb.

But, heh, I live in suburban Massachusetts. I get that reaction much more. People around here are bending over backwards. The downside is all the people running up and telling me I'm accepted.

The upside is that some of them are cops, and they go out of THEIR way to let me know I have a way to deal with the people who are less accepting.
        Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

as a complete off topic, Hyenda Dandy, the wording on your signature makes me giggle

back on topic, yes it is better than the ignorant assholes, but only slightly... at least with the ignorant assholes you can write off as being just that, those who go out of there way to let you know they are OK with it should also know that most people don't want to be approached by random strangers like that and decided to approach us anyway.
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

As a girl geek, I get that a fair bit. Making sure I feel welcomed in a way that makes it subtly clear that I'm abnormal.

Le sigh.

At least it's less common than it used to be. We're starting to be accepted-and-normal. Yay!

I guess I'm just saying I understand and empathise with your reaction.

Hang in there. You have friends and supporters, even if we can't be with you in the flesh.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Yeah that's a little strange but I agree with the others here. Seems to me he went out of his way to make you feel accepted because he knows the prejudice you face on a daily basis. Sort of paying it forward.

Comment

Working...
              X