This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCs Sighting in a Commercial

Maybe you've seen this one: There's a new Wendy's commercial out that shows two men sitting at a table eating their lunches. One has a nice big chicken sandwich, fries, and a drink laid out in front of him. The other has a teeny-tiny burger-thing the size of those gummy Krabby Patties kids like to eat, a teeny-tiny bag of fries, and a teeny-tiny drink. The tiny meal man, noticing that big meal man is watching him, gestures at his food and whispers "$2.99". Big meal man then gestures at his feast and whispers back "$2.99".

Why are they whispering?

Because they're eating lunch in a library!

Since when did libraries start allowing people to bring food in? Even the college library won't let so much as a cheese stick past its gates, and if they catch you with food you could get your privileges revoked. Who in corporate thought this commercial made sense?
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Depends on the library I guess.

My local uni library allows drinks with lids, sandwiches, lollies and cakes, but any hot foods or messy foods are a no-no.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Not so new, really. I remember seeing it several years ago - I guess they dusted it off for the recession.

OT, that was my first impression, too. No library I've ever been in would let anyone eat inside.
      The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

My old library job we'd allow covered drinks and that's it. According to the overflowing trash no one ever read the sign.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

A small libary I went to did have the signs of no food or drink, but the staff there was so nice they rarely enforced it. People had sodas. I once saw a man eating a small sandwhich.

They did told a guy that while he was welcome, he can't eat his BBQ chicken wings there though, he caused quite the stink. He claims he saw others do it. (Quite true BTW, I done it once myself with no problem). I still remember the remark of the worker there tellin him to leave his food.
          "That because the others don't leave bones on table or flip through books with BBQ on their hands".
          Military Spouse Support.
          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
          Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

My school library doesn't allow food, but the city libraries have areas where you can eat. So it depends, I guess.
            It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
            -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

OT but I really want a tiny thing of fries.....I know they're shoestring potatoes, but I want the tiny fry box to eat them out of....
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

The newer library near me alows food inside, it seems to be set up to be more open than librsries usually are, it even has kids toys inside on the lower level they can play with, very nice actually.

they even sell small snacks at the book checkout.

Comment

The library on my campus has a coffee bar and food cart in it. I've picked up a tea and PB&J to enjoy while studying on many occasions.

Comment

Working...
                  X