This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just leave him alone!

I was getting the train home after an awesome weekend with friends (went to the Britain's Got Talent auditions, was absolutely hilarious), and the train was due to arrive at any moment. Also on the platform was an off-duty train conductor (his coat had a rail companies logo on it and he had a small suitcase), and there was also the SC from the story, a fat, middle aged man.

The SC was pacing up and down the platform, and appeared to be getting very impatient. The train was due at 11pm, it was now 11:02. He stormed up to the off-duty worker (ODW)

SC: Well?? Where is the train??
    ODW: It should be here in a moment...
    SC: It's due at 11pm, it's now 11:02!! It's late!
    ODW: It should be here any time now...
    SC: Well where is it??
    ODW: I honestly don't know sir...

The SC threw his hands up in the air and stormed off, like he had just been insulted.

11:04pm...

The SC storms up to ODW.

SC: Ok, enough really is enough. Where is that train?!?
    ODW: It may be delayed for some reason, it may be waiting for a signal to change, I don't know.
    SC: YOU work for the trains, you should know!
    ODW: Well I am not working right now, so I don't know.
    SC: Get on your phone, call your boss and find out where the train is!
    ODW: I'm off duty, so I will not be doing that.
    SC: It's 11:05 in the evening! Some of us want to go home to bed!
    ODW: I have just worked a 12 hour shift sir, do you not think that I might want to be at home in bed just as much as you do?

SC threw his arms in the air and walked away again.

About a minute later, an announcement came over the intercom.

Intercom: This is an announcement for *my train* informing you of a platform change. Would all passengers for this service please make their way to platform 5

All the sane passengers started to move. The SC didn't, and stormed up to ODW.

SC: WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!

ODW has lost all patience.

ODW: Oh God, not you again!
    SC: I want your boss on the phone, right now!
    ODW: OK, you go up to the ticket desk and demand that. I'm going for my train!

ODW stormed off. SC stood there not knowing what to do. I didn't stick around, as I also wanted to catch the train. I got to the platform and the train was there waiting. I don't know what happened to the SC, but I didn't see him board it!

I would put money on the idiot was so worked up on complaining that he missed his train. Some people are so stupid.
    Sorry, my love cannot be bought. And if it could, you obviously don't have enough in your account to do so.

~Do not pass go, Do not collect $200. You lose, my friend, you lose~

Comment

Quoth Fufu487 View Post
      I would put money on the idiot was so worked up on complaining that he missed his train.
      One can hope!

Yeah, what a drama queen. He needs to get a life if 2 minutes late was worth getting THAT worked up over.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

The train itself was less than ten minutes late, and in the UK, that is pretty good! The guy looked like he hadn't done a bit of exercise in his life, and to get to the other platform involved going up a flight of stairs and over a walkway. He probably didn't make it due to exhaustion.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
          SC: Well?? Where is the train??
          I would have just pointed at the tracks and said "just start walking along those, you can't miss it."
          Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
            I would have just pointed at the tracks and said "just start walking along those, you can't miss it."
            The in me would have told him to walk between the rails
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
            X