Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won't give my cell phone # to work. As I told the head cashier who asked for it, if I'm not picking up at my home number, chances are I'm in class and not available to work. This means they also don't bug me on my days off, which I usually NEED when I'm balancing 4 classes with 20-30 hours of work a week.

My home number is actually also a cell phone, but I'm less irritated when people waste my minutes on that because anyone I ACTUALLY want to talk to calls my cell. (It worked out to be cheaper to buy a pre-paid phone and a year's worth of minutes than to pay for a local-only land line for a year. After the first year, when the cost of the phone doesn't factor in, it'll be even cheaper per year.)
    It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Its funny I don't even know my co worker's phone numbers. lol The only one with access are the higher ups. And whenever anybody asks for anybody's schedule or if they work the next day or if they are there we just tell them we can't give out that info.

That is never okay just to hand over a number, I would've been pissed too!

Comment

I have all my regular co-workers cell numbers, including managment and the owners.

Rule of thumb, if someone needs to talk to the person THAT bad I'll dial for them... otherwise the regection hotline has great pre-recorded messages
        Telling a cop, "My taxes pay your salary!" is dumb.
        Telling a cop you demand your shit without paying taxes is even more dumb.
        -Automan Empire

Comment

Since I'm often the opening manager, my openers have my cell phone number so they can let me know if they're running late. I also have theirs so I can see what's up if they're running late. I'm actually not allowed alone in the store. Must be 2 people in the store at all times, and no, customers don't count. Also, several of my employees would really rather not use limited minutes on communicating with work so they text me, instead.

Only one customer has my cellphone number and I gave it to her myself. I'd given permission for some of my coworkers to give it to her but they said they were more comfortable if she got it directly from me.

Otherwise, yeah, private numbers are private. I don't mind giving mine out to certain people for certain reasons but otherwise? Yeah, leave me alone.
          "I'm starting to see a pattern in the men I date" - Miss Piggy, Muppet Treasure Island

I'm writing!! Check out the blog.

Comment

Working...
          X