This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Horror of Mama Mia!

A friend of mine is a manager of a small computer game store near the pub. The store also sells a variety of blu-rays and dvds. I was on my way to work, when I decided to pop in and have a chat with my friend. He was working in the store completely on his own, and there was only me in there.

Friend: Oh God, customersruinmylife, look what we got in stock today.

It was a limited edition of Mama Mia, and when you pressed the DVD case, it sang the title song. I laughed.

Me: I bet you're looking forward to the customers playing with that all day!
    Friend: God, don't remind me.

He pressed the button again and we laughed. All of a sudden, a 16 year old boy appeared at the counter, and had the most offensive look on his face.

SC: Ew! You guys like Mama Mia?!?! You fucking pair of fags!!
    Me/Friend:
    SC: *as sweet as pie* Do you stock used Xbox 360 games?
    Friend: What?! Get the fuck out!
    SC: Huh?
    Friend: I'm not helping you! Get out!
    SC: Fine! I don't want to buy anything from a gay who likes Mama Mia anyway!

He stormed out.

What a douche!

Oh, and where can I get one of those DVD's???
    "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
    "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
    "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Quoth raw456 View Post
      What a douche!

Oh, and where can I get one of those DVD's???
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mamma-Mia-Gi...5669685&sr=1-4

That's the version they had in the store.

Comment

Tkanks for the link. I hope they ship to Australia This is too shiny!
        "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
        "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
        "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Y'know, one of the things I am most afraid of is being the kind of person who thinks watching certain movies, or listening to certain music, or having certain other tastes, makes you gay.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Wow, that guy was having a sucky day and decided to try and infect you with his suckiness!
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I worked with a guy who used to kick people out of the McD's we worked at because they were gay. He'd get really mad that they were in there, and would almost actually physically kick them out.

I was teasing him one day and made a comment that it was his latent homosexuality coming thru, and he was mad at them for being gay and reminding him of what he'd been trying to ignore. (ok, I was taking psychology classes in college at the time)

He just looked at me really strangely, and the few employees around me that heard my comment kind of giggled.

Few months (or maybe a year?) later, he went out of town for several months to go to this school that McD's has for managers. When he came back, he was suddenly flamingly gay. Like, dressing up in woman's clothing, heels, makeup...he'd wear eye shadow to work and mascara. He shacked up with another one of the male managers at the store.

I actually wasnt all that surprised by it. I was surprised by the woman's clothes (and the fact that he really looked good in them...he showed me pictures) but I was one of the few people that worked with him that wasnt all that surprised by the change.

I wouldnt be surprised if the SC kid in the original post is marching in a Pride parade in a few years.

Comment

Quoth Erin View Post

Few months (or maybe a year?) later, he went out of town for several months to go to this school that McD's has for managers. When he came back, he was suddenly flamingly gay. Like, dressing up in woman's clothing, heels, makeup...he'd wear eye shadow to work and mascara. He shacked up with another one of the male managers at the store.

I actually wasnt all that surprised by it. I was surprised by the woman's clothes (and the fact that he really looked good in them...he showed me pictures)
                I hate that, why must they look prettier than me?

As for the kid it could be true but these days 'gay' apparently means anything you don't like if you're a teenage boy so who knows?
                How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                  SC: Ew! You guys like Mama Mia?!?! You fucking pair of fags!!
                  I wonder what the SC would have thought of To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar and The Birdcage? Both great and funny movies.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I've always wanted to see "To Wong Foo." Also "Pricilla, Queen of the Desert." Basically, any movie with a wacky name.

As for "oh noes teh gheyzorz" jackasses, whatcha wanna bet they regularly watch large sweaty men passing their balls around (aka football?)
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      I wonder what the SC would have thought of To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar and The Birdcage? Both great and funny movies.
                      Haha.

I can't actually stand Mama Mia. I watched it all the way through with friends, and it just reminded me of the drunken old hens that would come into the pub, screech and annoy the hell out of me!

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                        I've always wanted to see "To Wong Foo." Also "Pricilla, Queen of the Desert." Basically, any movie with a wacky name.
                        Priscilla, Queen of the Desert is a good movie. I especially love seeing Hugo Weaving in drag.
                        "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
                          Priscilla, Queen of the Desert is a good movie. I especially love seeing Hugo Weaving in drag.
                          AND Terence Stamp as the MTF lady. Holy cow.

Comment

Hugo Weaving, you say? In drag, you say? Dear lord I *have* to see this!! (and tease anonymous profusely!)
                            ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                              Y'know, one of the things I am most afraid of is being the kind of person who thinks watching certain movies, or listening to certain music, or having certain other tastes, makes you gay.
                              Dude, my uncle is an ex-Marine, and always scared the crap out of me my entire life.

I just found out his favorite movie is Chicago and he's obsessed with Dancing with the Stars.

And he STILL scares me. XD

(He also likes kitty cats.)
                              "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                              X