This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life can be one big joke. :))

JUST when you think you've seen the weirdest things imaginable.... Life reminds out of just how weird it can be

I was outside earlier, and happened to look down the hill to see a jeep cherokee moving slowly up the hill in a cloud of thick a** smoke! Walk down there, & the woman driving is trying to power up the hill with a blown tire!

I yelled over for my neighbors, "Q, K, you got to see this!"

She got halfway up & stopped moving, yet in her infinate wisdom kept the pedal to the floor, with the rim spinning on the stationary rubber to beat the band.

Talking to her, I found out that she DROVE it down to a gas station to fill the tire with air because it was flat when she left home! AND, that it wouldn't hold air so she was driving it hom like that. She ALSO had NO spare tire - oh joy....

(We're tiny, we're toony, we're all a little looney....)

But oh wait, it gets better!

By this time my neighbor, "K", had ALSO come out, and we managed to convince her to back up towards the curb to park it.

Instead of going to the right she goes WAY left, driving up over the curb, onto someone's lawn, back over the curb onto the road, and aims for a power pole!

WEL-COME TO WACKYLAND!!!

Finally we get her out of the jeep, get carrie behind the wheel to do it, & like an idiot offer her a ride to where she needed to go - on my e-bike (she's 250 at least). Took about 10 minutes to get her on the bike!

And WHERE is she going????

ACROSS TOWN TO A BAR!
    YEP! a BAR!

So many phrases come to mind:

"the wheel is turning but the hamster's dead"...

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people"

"Beauty is only skin deep, but stupid is to the bone."

And my personal favorite,

"NO LIFEGUARD IN THE GENE POOL!"

(Sigh) I'm getting too old for this sh**....
    Does anyone know a nice SANE place I can move to???

Quoth RoadRanger View Post
    Does anyone know a nice SANE place I can move to???
    There's some remote islands to where I could point you... but I suppose you want to move with all your things to a place with at least basic amenities. (Amen.)

In that case, guess not.
    Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

The irony is that this driver was driving like an idiot BEFORE going to a bar.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

She got halfway up & stopped moving, yet in her infinate wisdom kept the pedal to the floor, with the rim spinning on the stationary rubber to beat the band.
        It's a Jeep, right?

Why not engage 4WD so the front axle would do the pulling?

Oh yeah, that would involve her having a brain in her head, in which case she wouldn't have been in that situation in the first place.

Comment

Quoth Zoom View Post
          There's some remote islands to where I could point you... but I suppose you want to move with all your things to a place with at least basic amenities. (Amen.)
          Point me, I'm sick of the Internet and finding Students.

Quoth Shalom View Post
          It's a Jeep, right?

Because it might not be a 4-WD. Claudia-Jeep is a 2-WD and therefore weighs about 500 pounds lighter than R-Jeep (Mom's jeep).
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

(Sigh) I'm getting too old for this sh**....
            Does anyone know a nice SANE place I can move to??? [/SIZE]
            Sorry, they're all nucking futs here. And sometimes I think they're out to try and make me their leader.
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
              Point me, I'm sick of the Internet and finding Students.
              Well, there's Small Brown Unnamed Island With Only Two Trees On It And No Shipwrecked People Yet... but I think they're still filming there. Try the one next to that, Microscopic Speck Of Dirt; it's only somewhat infested with crabs. (That's what she said.)
              Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                It's a Jeep, right?

Oh yeah, that would involve her having a brain in her head, in which case she wouldn't have been in that situation in the first place.
                Yeah, thought of that. But if a cop happened past things would have gotten even more chaotic than thay already were. ) Not to mention if someone saw the smoke and paniced.....

He he, I can see it now, the minimum response would be an engine and ambulance

And I forgot to add:

Talking to the guy who was changing the tire on monday, YIKES!
                Apparently, the woman is on meds to the point of having a "PERMANENT HIGH"!

With someone like that on the road, I think I'll install an ejection seat on the bike to blast me clear of a collision.
                Last edited by Boozy; 05-08-2010, 12:08 PM. Reason: merging consecutive posts

Comment

Talking to the guy who was changing the tire on monday, YIKES!
                  Apparently, the woman is on meds to the point of having a "PERMANENT HIGH"!
                  And if this was in Britain, that would be the point where I would contact the DVLA with her car registration & report her. Anything that might affect your driving has to be evaluated over here.
                  "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Ok, finally got the film back.

I wish I would have had the camera with me as it happened - seeing a rim spinning while the tire stayed still, throwing out more smoke than an alco PA-1, is really something to behold. )

Comment

Maybe it's just the angle, but doesn't that front tire look a bit low as well?

Comment

Working...
                      X