This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Throw a S**t Fit

I was in line at the store where everything's a dollar (cheap drinks and snacks, yum!) when Uberbitch in front of me asked the checker for a ten dollar pay-as-you-go phone replenishment card.

Checker: "So that's ten dollars, right?"

Uberbitch immediately shifts gears to loud and testy.

Uberbitch: "YES, that's what I SAID!!!! Weren't you LISTENING???!!!"

Checker: "Yes, I heard you. I'm only asking because it's store policy. If I activate a replenishment for the wrong amount, I can't de-activate it."

Uberbitch hasn't heard a word of this, obviously.

Uberbitch: "GAWD, how many times do I have to repeat myself!!!"

OMG, you poor thing! You were asked to decide to say either "Yes" or "No." Oh the horror! Oh the agony! Oh the snapping sound of the dying and lonely brain cells!

Uberbitch keeps ranting on and on in this same vein.

Checker obviously decides to not say anything else, and turns to the register. As she turns, I meet her gaze and roll my eyes at Uberbitch. Checker gets that look that says "I'd like to roll my eyes too."

Checker gives Uberbitch her receipt.

Checker: "Here you are ma'am, have a great day."

Uberbitch: "DAMMIT, where's the f***ing phone card!!!! Eleventy!!!"

Checker gets a look of triumphant vindication on her face as she s-l-o-w-l-y reaches out and touches her finger to the receipt still grasped in Uberbitch's paw.

Checker: "The pin number to add your money is printed right here on your receipt."

Uberbitch: "Grunt! Humph!"

Uberbitch turns and flounces toward the exit.

Dytch: (very loudly toward Uberbitch's retreating back) "PUTZ!"

Uberbitch's back stiffens, but she says nothing and retreats out the door.

Checker starts scanning my items.

Dytch: "What an idiot! She threw a s**t fit over nothing and then made a complete jackass out of herself."

Checker: "Oh we get all types in here, honey."

Whenever I sold a gift card, I would repeat the value. Especially if it were for fifty or sixty dollars, which sounds the same when you're dealing with surrounding noises. "You said fifty, as in five-oh, is that correct?" Never had anyone go off on me for taking care with their purchase.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
      Whenever I sold a gift card, I would repeat the value. Especially if it were for fifty or sixty dollars, which sounds the same when you're dealing with surrounding noises. "You said fifty, as in five-oh, is that correct?" Never had anyone go off on me for taking care with their purchase.
      I always double-check a gift card amount, ESPECIALLY for fifty. With the accent around here, "fifty" and "fifteen" sound really really similar. If someone does the snappy eye-rolling thing at me, why, I'm just making sure I don't make a mistake, sir/ma'am! Is something wrong with that? *innocent look/smile*
      It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Wow. I've never had anyone get angry that I verified the amount. They do get angry at other trivial stuff, though.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I understand completely when it comes to repeating certain things because they sound alike. At my business when I see an order for 16 bean burritos, I always ask the cashier to double check the amount because about 80 percent of the time the customer says 6 bean burritos not 16 burritos. Also beef and bean sound so much alike especially on drive thru that I have started saying beefy when I repeat the order just in case I heard wrong.

Comment

Yes, please verify that we both know the amount that I'd like put on the card, especially when it's a transaction that can't be reversed or changed. I'm not going to be upset when somebody's trying to do a thorough, good job. SCs who do go ballistic over that kind of thing are just LOOKING for excuses to be pissy.

Comment

Working...
            X