This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Customers Know The Policies Better Than The Managers

Years back, when my new floor "manager" at Kroger didn't even know how to void a sale and I had to do it for him, my blood boiled. He should have been trained better!

December 26, 2006, 2:30 PM: my blood boiled again.

My mother and I went to Goody's for some after-Christmas shopping (I got the prettiest sweater ever for $15 and a $50 Velour set for $15, but I digress). I love Goody's because in addition to the great prices, they have some great discounts, two of which my mom and I take advantage of all the time: the student discount and the senior discount (at one point, my 56-year-old mother was going to University of Houston for her Master's, but she could still only get one discount ). After gathering our new treasures and getting in line, I got my Sam Houston State University ID card ready to flash (I love student discounts; makes me feel like a VIP!).

*Side note: my hometown is College Station, Texas, home of the Texas A&M University Aggies. Thank you for your sympathy.

Anywho, after ringing up our clothes, the cashier told me the total and I happily told him that I had my student ID on me for the student discount. I showed it to him, told him the university, and he got a very confused look on his face. "Uhh . . . just a minute," he told me, and he went off to find his manager.

He comes back a few seconds later with his manager. Manager looks at my card and says, "we only do Aggie discounts." No you don't, you've taken this card for 2 years, I think. But I say it nicer. "I've used this card before," is all I say.

I think the manager feared that I was about to become an SC, so he sighed and said, "Just give her the Aggie discount." Aggie discount? When did the student discount become the Aggie discount? And why should it just be for the Ags? Bearkats, Raiders, Longhorns, Bears . . . we're poor college students too!

I went back just yesterday for more shopping and was given the student discount with no problem.

Sheesh. I know the issue was "resolved" quickly, but it still ticks me off when customers/cashiers know the policies better than new managers.
    ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

I bet that manager/worker was confused with the Aggie Bucks deal they use in College Station.

*Aggie Bucks = Using your ID like a debit card. You put money in your student account. When you use it at certain places they will give a discount to your purchase.

**Gig'em Ags!!! WHOOP!!! Sis - Class of '99

I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

I didn't know Goody's takes Aggie Bucks . . . but maybe that was it.

We have Bearkat Bucks on our IDs at Sam. We can only use 'em for on-campus fast food, though. But you can open up a BearkatOne Account to use it as a debit card anywhere Mastercard is accepted.

AGGIES! They're EVERYWHERE!
      Last edited by kerrisan; 12-28-2006, 08:33 PM.
      ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Working...
      X