This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ONES....Gimmeee dem' ONES.....

Ok, this is an interesting little tidbit, but in no way a big deal. I think that sometimes, its not WHAT you say, but HOW you say it that makes a difference........

So I was at Wally World with my hubby at the checkout. I had twentys, and about $10 in ones which I need for the vending machine at school and if I have any left, I usually sell them to Mom for the same reason. Needless to say, I try to save them.

Cashier: Your total is $34.07
    Me: Here ya go *smile* (I hand her $40.07...she won't accept my money)
    Cashier: *sighs* I take dem' ones you got. (exactly how she said it!)
    Me: Sorry, I really need them.
    Cashier: Whatever. (grabs my money)

Really?!? All she would have to give me back in change was ONE STINKIN' DOLLAR! and a five! ($40.07-$34.07=$6!) I've been a cashier before, and I know what that's like to be low, but geez!!! Lose the 'tude, dude!

As we were leaving, I told my hubby "You know, I really do have enough ones at home. If she had asked me nicely, I would have paid with some ones."

It's all in the presentation.

Wow! How rude! I've worked my fair share of cashiering and know the joys of being low/over in a certain bill (at my last job...I always had a TON of $1s! I was always hoping for people to pay with the larger stuff) but man! I would NEVER ask someone to change how they're paying!
    Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

I've had people actually tell me what denominations to give them effectively pissing me off. It's not even that they asked, which I wouldn't mind. It's that for something that costs say $3 and I'd give them a 5 they would say something like "You have $3 right there, just give me that" in a pushy tone. Don't you think I see that and who are you talking to? I'll give you a 5 thank you very much. Be thankful I didn't give you a $10 or a $20 or worse a $50 or $100. You don't know what someone needs their money for. If people want to call that SC behavior whatever, but there's a point when someone crosses the line.

Now when I use bills, I try to count the money inside my wallet or somewhat out of sight. Not with all my bills in my hand just flicking through for everyone to see. All because of the thread topic and the above.

Comment

Quoth Willis View Post
        It's that for something that costs say $3 and I'd give them a 5 they would say something like "You have $3 right there, just give me that" in a pushy tone. Don't you think I see that and who are you talking to? I'll give you a 5 thank you very much. Be thankful I didn't give you a $10 or a $20 or worse a $50 or $100. You don't know what someone needs their money for.
        If I had someone give me crap over what bill I wanted to use... I'd do it anyway just to piss them off. I hate to wipe out someone's entire drawer, but if they cop a 'tude with me, all bets are off. Not only will I do it, but then I'll complain to management as well. There's no call for that shit.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
          If I had someone give me crap over what bill I wanted to use... I'd do it anyway just to piss them off. I hate to wipe out someone's entire drawer, but if they cop a 'tude with me, all bets are off. Not only will I do it, but then I'll complain to management as well. There's no call for that shit.
          Thumbs up dude, seriously.

Comment

Wow. The most I ever did as a cashier was ask if they had the penny for an order that came to, say, 5.76, or 2.01, just so they wouldn't get a handful of small change back. It was for THEIR convenience, but if they didn't, I didn't get fussed. It's not the customer's job to keep my till afloat.
            What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

She grabbed your money?? You could've cried theft.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
              X