Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A nice ice cream...and leave my can of drink alone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Victoria J View Post
    She has on her bedside locker thingy pictures I took of her new kitty (she's worried he's so young that she is missing out on him growing up, I'm worried he's going to be the death of me - creature ran through my bed dragging a pot plant the other day!) and the cards I got her when I took my sister to the seaside this week.
    I see from your location tag that you're in Britain. I believe you're referring to the kitten dragging what, on this side of the pond, we refer to as a "potted plant" - over here, the term you used has a different meaning (i.e. production of controlled substances).
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
      Next time the trick is to say she's vegan. Only way to be sure to avoid the "vegetarians eat cheese for all their protein" idiots. Of course, you'd expect a hospital to know better. (Don't they have dietitians planning the meals there?)
      It is a very small hospital. 3 small wards, they admit people on Mondays only and then by Tuesday or Wednesday they close at least one of the wards.

They probably don't have a dietician - though they are attached to a bigger hospital which should have.

They do have a chef - last time she was there he came and saw her and apologised. Really.

They don't have any obvious way to make special dietary requests either. 1 meal is vegetarian and that's that. Nothing asks about that before you go in, so I don't know whether they could manage vegan food.

Quoth Mikkel View Post
      Don't they have protein drinks at the hospital? You can live quite a long time on protein drinks and at the hospital where I was operated they almost forced you to drink them, they wanted me to drink at least one every day "and if you want more, just go and get it".
      I didn't check where they got the protein from but they must make some for vegetarians.
      That's a good idea. She's actually eating pretty well though - just not their food. She has packet Miso soup. She has lots of fruit and vegetables, some I brought and some from a friends allotment. She also has home made quiche someone took her, and I buy the kind of healthy-ish posh snacks they sell for lunch. She's had bean salad and falafel and hummous from Marks and Spencers. As well as bagels for lunch twice. She's probably eating better than at home because everyone is being nice to her. The hospital staff seem willing to store things in the fridge, microwave and provide hot water for the soup etc.

I just feel sorry for the patients who don't have anyone to bring stuff in.

Plus it's been kind of expensive. The hospital food may be vile but this being the NHS it is such a thing as a free lunch.

Quoth wolfie View Post
      I see from your location tag that you're in Britain. I believe you're referring to the kitten dragging what, on this side of the pond, we refer to as a "potted plant" - over here, the term you used has a different meaning (i.e. production of controlled substances).

Thanks for telling me. I definitely mean potted plant. I guess "pot plant" could mean that here to.

It's my mother's house and the only drugs are catnip. (In her hippy days I understand things were rather different ).

Victoria J

Comment

Mom, how come there's never any tomatos on the 'mater plant?
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
        X