Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shopping Shenanigans - Friday the 13th Edition!! Oh dear gods, WHY!?!?! (LLOOOOOONG!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Magpie View Post
    Nope, that's AB+. You can only have type O, but a significant portion of the population is O+, so you're fine. It's only if you have O- that you're screwed.
    Whereas I'm B-, which is, I believe, the rarest blood type. And I could only get red blood cells from B- and nearly as rare O- (plasma donations work the other way). Needless to say, they want me to do double-red when I donate (since my blood can also be given to O+, AB, or B+).
    Those who are loudest about their qualifications, tend to have the least merit to their claims.

Comment

Quoth Arcade Man D View Post
      Whereas I'm B-, which is, I believe, the rarest blood type. And I could only get red blood cells from B- and nearly as rare O- (plasma donations work the other way). Needless to say, they want me to do double-red when I donate (since my blood can also be given to O+, AB, or B+).
      I'm confused here. You should be able to get from O-, or is it just that that's reserved for O- recipients? And what do you mean by double-red? (you also added O+ into your second list accidentally).

Comment

Lupo: *Hugs* And you had me rolling during the Pharmacy bit. "Better big tits than.." My sister: Small dick? Little brain.. I can keep coming up with this stuff..

You are a sweetie and you handled the bitch associate VERY well. I'm the same size as you, so I get the "Don't you EVEN say it.." attitude when I ask to try the smaller size (Just cuase everyone cuts their pants and clothes different.. can't hurt!)

Comment

I'm A+ if I remember right, I'm common, heh. My da' being in the military let us know right off what our blood types were when my sisters and I were kids. Sadly my younger sister and I can't donate blood. We were born in Great Britain at the time of the Mad Cow Disease scare. So there's a possiblity of passing that on if we gave blood. (Extremely small possibilty but its there nonetheless.)

Comment

Don't worry about size. I'm a 20 myself. But then I do have size 22 and 18 pants. Sometimes pants just fit differently. I want to smack that woman for doing that.

And had a customer called me that "fat girl." Screw that sales lady! That's rude, I'd never assume something. She should have waited til you finished what you were saying. I had that happen at layne bryant. Basically, the lady messed up and said something to the effect of im skinny for a fat chick.

I hope her manager rips her a new one. And damn, you're a SC magnet. But I like that you actually said what was on your mind instead of brushing it off.

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
              I do that on occasion, too. Actually, I go really OCD, make the menu, make the list from the menu, then organize the list according to section of the store. If I have enough time beforehand, I type it up, and label each section in bold. Sometimes it's color coded...

What...? So, I'm super organized and have a slight disorder? So what? don't judge me...
              I haven't gotten that OCD with mine....yet. I do organize it to store sections, though.

Although, it making it from my list, off the shelf, into my cart, and home doesn't always happen 'cause I'm special that way.
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
                And damn, you're a SC magnet. But I like that you actually said what was on your mind instead of brushing it off.

Yeah, I know I am. Kinda sad. In fact, if I ever had a shopping trip where I didn't encounter SC sightnings, I think I may keel over in shock. It's gotten to the point I just don't care what I say, which accounts for the...er...witty commentary. Yeah, let's go with that.

Quoth Pagan View Post
                I haven't gotten that OCD with mine....yet. I do organize it to store sections, though.

Although, it making it from my list, off the shelf, into my cart, and home doesn't always happen 'cause I'm special that way.

Just wait. Soon you'll like the purty colors organizing your pretty list.

and yes, I tend to have issues with making sure everything on the list ends up in the cart or back in my apartment. Guess I'm special that way, too.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                  I'm confused here. You should be able to get from O-, or is it just that that's reserved for O- recipients? And what do you mean by double-red? (you also added O+ into your second list accidentally).
                  I did say I can get from O-. "And I could only get red blood cells from B- and nearly as rare O-"

But yeah, I accidentally added the O+ in there. I can donate to any AB or B, so they really want my blood, since AB and B are fairly rare blood types.
                  Those who are loudest about their qualifications, tend to have the least merit to their claims.

Comment

I did say I can get from O-. "And I could only get red blood cells from B- and nearly as rare O-"
                    I misread that as "I can only get blood cells from B- which is nearly as rare as O- .

Comment

B- here as well. But I can't donate because I'm gay. Pisses me off whenever I think about it.
                      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Wait, what? What in the name of all of sanity does sexual preference have to do if you can donate or not?
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                          Wait, what? What in the name of all of sanity does sexual preference have to do if you can donate or not?
                          HIV/AIDS risk, along with Hep C, I believe. Anal sex is one of the riskiest methods of transmission.

Australia just has a deferral period for homosexual couples, anyone who's engaged with a sex worker or who IS a sex worker. The waiting period is 12 months after the last time you participated in said activity.
                          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                            HIV/AIDS risk, along with Hep C, I believe. Anal sex is one of the riskiest methods of transmission.
                            Yes and yes.

My husband is not allowed to donate b/c he lived in Germany in the 80s. I wish I were lying. Lol. He was an Army brat and apparently that area had beef that was "possibly" contaminated with CJD..which is basically the human form of Mad Cow disease. So he cant donate, EVER.

We have a running joke that we're waiting for him to drop dead any minute b/c he ate tacos.

Comment

My grandma got a false positive for hep C (or something like that) so they gave her the vaccine. Because of that she can't donate.

I donate all I want. 1 gallon last month!

Amina, can you elaborate on why women cant do aphresis? the last i heard it was some pregnancy (or women only) disease?
                              Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

ah lupo, what would we do without your adventures? i can whip up some homemade mac/cheese if you want.

i wonder if it's a requirement for a person to become nosier as they age...? it sure seems to be that way (for the most part).

i was under the impression that O- was the rarest, O+ was the universal donor and AB was the universal recipient?

so very confusing...*wanders off*
                                look! it's ghengis khan!
                                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                                X