Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll boink brother and you can't stop me... (eeeeewness)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth zombiequeen View Post
    Thanks. I seriously worried about that for a while after I learned it. But, now that I've thought about it, there's no blood relation and because my husband was adopted by his non-biological father, the relation part is kind of null.
    There's also the fact that fourth cousins is far enough away that it really doesn't matter. Once you get past second cousins, it's not a big deal.

(Siblings: 1/2 shared genetic material; First Cousins: 1/8 shared genetic material; Second Cousins: 1/32 shared genetic material and so on, you can see why it doesn't matter much after that).

Comment

Having read the initial post, it occurred to me that as screwed up a situation as it is already, it could have been even worse if you reverse the ages of the kids. I guess they should be grateful for small blessings.

Comment

Quoth Fox One View Post
        Reminds me of an episode of...damn, can't remember the show's name, but it was one of those wedding shows. The bride and groom were brother and sister. Squicked me the hell out until they revealed the truth of their siblinghood: When the brother was 17, his parents adopted his not-at-all-blood-related 16-year-old sister into into the same room. I'm honestly not surprised at all sexual tension developed. Not the same situation at all, but I was heavily reminded of that.
        although not genetically related there is still some ickyness for that too. well kinda.

i'm not sure what the laws are involving adopted siblings having marital relations - i thought it was illegal myself since they're legally brother/sister.

but since the kids weren't related until they were 16 & 17 it's a little less icky. perhaps tacky tho.

and i just think of my sister's family... one of her sisters in law has two adopted children. sure neither girl is blood-related to anyone in the family, not even each other but... that's just a technicality. they're family.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
          There's also the fact that fourth cousins is far enough away that it really doesn't matter. Once you get past second cousins, it's not a big deal.

(Siblings: 1/2 shared genetic material; First Cousins: 1/8 shared genetic material; Second Cousins: 1/32 shared genetic material and so on, you can see why it doesn't matter much after that).
          I'm guessing that's why the Amish are able to marry then....
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
            I'm guessing that's why the Amish are able to marry then....
            Well the paper I linked to was saying that if it's under 1/64 there's problems. The problem with the numbers I showed is that it assumes that mom & dad share 0 genetic material. If they are already at 1/32, because they were second cousins, the following generations have a higher amount of shared genetic material. Every time you marry a close relative those numbers go up. If everyone marries a second cousin, after a few hundred years it gets pretty bad. Especially as the gene pool wouldn't have been that broad to begin with. A lot of the Anabaptist immigrations happened as waves. An entire village would come at once, so the people who settled together here 200 years ago were already somewhat related.

Comment

Paddle faster, I hear banjo music!

Your friend should let them book a night again and then call the cops if brother and sister do it again...
              Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Can this thread just go away forever because

Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Like the joke goes, his idea of foreplay is more than likely:

"Hey sis, you awake?"
                  The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

I agree. While I want to hear about how the "parents" get arrested for supporting/encouraging incest, this is getting a little eww about it being ok to legally marry someone who's related to you.
                    ......../\
                    ....../__\
                    ..../\...../\
                    ../__\../__\

Comment

• Interestingly, some states do not consider sex between adoptive siblings incest, but others (like Virginia) specifically mention adoptive status as equal to blood relationships.

I know Wiki isn't always the best resource, but according to this article, the US is the only country in the Western world that has bans against cousin marriage, but even then the laws vary by state.

Why am I not surprised that states from Maryland down to Florida allow first-cousin marriage? Actually, except for Delaware, New Hampshire, and Pennsylvania, the entire Eastern Seaboard either allows first-cousin marriage or allows it with some restrictions.
                      Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

• The OP should have started, "Dear Penthouse,"
                        Suckiness is reinforced up OR down at every transaction. Accepting BS makes them worse for all of us; firm fairness trains them to suck less.

Comment

• Quoth derangedperson View Post
                          Like the joke goes, his idea of foreplay is more than likely:

"Hey sis, you awake?"
                          And hers is "Get off me big brother; it's little brother's turn now!"
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Is it bad that stories like this don't even gross me out anymore?

We have a whole section of the family that we don't associate with because they "practice" inbreeding, as my father put it. I didn't really realize how close this kind of thing could be to me until I had my second son's ultrasound pics....and it looked like he had 6 toes on each foot. Yes, polydactylism runs on that side of the family. As do tails.

I once dated a guy whose brother was also his cousin (never dated the bro/cuz), but then, I also once dated a guy who admitted to me that he liked to have sex with sheep (ew ew ew).

Its common for guys out here to pull a "Woody Allen" except the daughters aren't adopted. They'll stay with a gal awhile, then when the kid's old enough that they can do it out in the open, he'll dump the mom and live with the daughter. I've seen at least one guy do this 3 times in a row, only question was....was the *daughter* biologically his? and then of course was the *granddaughter* biologically his? As you can imagine, by the time he started living with the *granddaughter*, he was about 60 years old with an 18 year old. Throw some brain bleach on THAT.

I had to "import" a guy to go with my to Prom, as no one in my small hometown would date me because I was NOT related to them. (Seriously, the whole town was related, except my family). You'd think they'd want new blood, right?

Had my cousin (9 years my senior AND a 1st cousin) hit on me numerous times from the time I was 14, got flirted with a lot at a reunion (never visiting them again) AND when a cousin?(she's my grandma's niece) came to visit, her and Grandma were having a convo that sounded like someone was going to great paperwork efforts to encourage the family tree to fork out some more.

Had one of my dad's uncles came to my parent's house with I was quite young, and I remember dad going out to the end of the driveway to run them off, and my mom sat behind the door with the shotgun, and all us kids were made to sit and be VERY quiet in our rooms, mom told me later that dad didn't want them to know that he had a daughter.

I flat out asked my mom one day if I was the result of any inbreeding, at any time, and the most I've got in my line is an ancestor that came over on the Oregon Trail with his wife and his wife's sister, and the wife died and he married the sister. THANK GOD!

I can probably think of more stories later......but you guys might start having a brain bleach shortage.
                            ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

• Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                              Is it bad that stories like this don't even gross me out anymore?
                              -scariness-
                              I can probably think of more stories later......but you guys might start having a brain bleach shortage.
                              This. Is. Terrifying.
                              You poor thing, at least with the uncle and hiding and the shotgun, that must have been odd.
                              Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                              http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

• "slowly shakes his head, turns up his music to drown out the banjos, and opens a gallon jug of ultra-strength brain bleach while looking at the other eleven jugs of the stuff he has for things like this"
                                Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Working...
                                X