Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what you eat is your choice; he needs a lesson in keeping his yap shut, mabye a chat with the lead/manager might school him?

in art school, i lived on box mac and cheese and tuna...mmm.
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Hm, over here dried noodles are easy and cheap to buy (even cheaper than ramen). My store carries a sort where you either can cook them in broth if you like the ramen style (big pack of noodles + pack of broth cubes = meals half the price of ready-made ramen) or just pour some boiling water over them and let set for 5 minutes, and you have a great side for a stir-fry dish.
      A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
        There's more than a few cookbooks out there with ramen as a central point.
        Personally I'd recommend the "Wagamama, Ways with Noodles" cookbook. Comprehensive and simple recipes
        Last edited by Naaman; 09-18-2010, 09:54 PM.
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

That guy was an ass, he shouldn't have said what he did.
          ......../\
          ....../__\
          ..../\...../\
          ../__\../__\

Comment

Heh heh, ramen was my dinner tonight. Bought a cup o' noodles at the hotel for a buck and heated it up.

Probably relatively healthy compared to some of the stuff I've been putting into my body on this vacation too.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              Heh heh, ramen was my dinner tonight. Bought a cup o' noodles at the hotel for a buck and heated it up.

Probably relatively healthy compared to some of the stuff I've been putting into my body on this vacation too.
              heh

heh

ill cup your noodles.

heh.
              Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

well i like ramen but... i like the real stuff vs the dried packages.
                mmmm wish there was a ramen place around here. that'd be nice.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                  heh

heh

ill cup your noodles.

heh.

Comment

Bastard! So he's never been poor (working in a supermarket?) and he's never experienced the joy of ramen.

Here's my student standby meal, a.k.a. white girl's hot pot:

1) Put the flavour packet in a pot with more water than the flavour packet suggests. Heat it with a lid on.

2) When it starts to boil, add veggies. Bok choi, kale, and rapini are nice green things that cook pretty fast.

3) After they've been in there a few minutes add the noodles.

4) When the noodles are almost done, either scramble an egg and stir it in so that you have something like egg flower soup, or just break a whole egg in on top of the noodles and let the white cook solid (and take it off the heat early enough that the yolk is still soft -- yum!).

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                      ill cup your noodles.
                      You mean he has more than one?
                      ......../\
                      ....../__\
                      ..../\...../\
                      ../__\../__\

Comment

My SIL makes an awesome Asian Chicken Salad with ramen. She just breaks the noodles all up and toasts them on the stove, I'm not sure if she uses an oil or not. She also toasts some almonds and I think she uses cabbage, But boy is it yummy!! When I was preggo ramen soup was about the only thing I could keep down, so I was always stocking up on it.
                        It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. -Office space

Comment

OP, i also vote for informing a supervisor. But it sounds like youve had issues with the store in the past, so IDK how effective that would be.

Seriously, I could be a millionaire and ID STILL buy Ramen.

Comment

Quoth DeltaSierra View Post
                            (get 'em at an Asian grocery store for less than a buck for 2 necks & 2 backs)
                            You're being overcharged. With Canadian chicken prices I can get them at the regular market for 2-3 entire carcasses for about $2.25. That's the organic, free-range place. If I go to the market in Toronto it's $1 for a bag, normally 3-4 carcasses (smaller ones) in it. ETA: nevermind, I just realised that you don't have as many chicken farms out west, so our poultry prices to you, are probably like the US poultry prices are to us.

Quoth Flying Grype View Post
                            4) When the noodles are almost done, either scramble an egg and stir it in so that you have something like egg flower soup, or just break a whole egg in on top of the noodles and let the white cook solid (and take it off the heat early enough that the yolk is still soft -- yum!).
                            Is egg flower soup like egg drop soup? Or is this some new sort of deliciousness that I need to learn about?
                            Last edited by Magpie; 09-20-2010, 05:56 PM.

Comment

I think they're the same, Magpie.

I've never been a huge fan of ramen, since I was practically raised on the stuff, and the flavor packets make me ill...but all these suggestions for what to do with the noodles other than the actual soup have me intrigued!

Comment

Speaking of cooking with ramen. I was at a potluck yesterday and somebody brought a dish made with broken up ramen, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, mandarin oranges, and a little shredded cabbage with some sort of dressing. It was delicious!

That little boy don't know what he's missin'. Hell, I think I remember some of the big stars on Food Network cooking with 'em!

teh_blumchenkinder - Do you happen to know the name of the cookbook your roommate has?
                                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                                X