Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There used to be a laudromat here that had a bar in it.

I'm not kidding.

I've always had a washer and dryer, but when the laundry got piled up back in the days when I liked to drink alot, it was the perfect excuse to get away.

I was bummed when it closed.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I've had my own washer and dryer since I moved into my last apartment, and I certainly don't miss the laundromat with having to get a shitload of change, machines that would take my money but not work, and of course the idiots who thought the "No Smoking" signs were just there as decorations. I don't mind my clothes smelling like smoke when I come back from the bar, but not when I come back from where I'm trying to get them clean! isses:

One time I was there, some lady was there with her three little kids, who may or may not have been able to know better, but were definitely bored. They each grabbed one of those carts and ran around the room pushing them. The mother didn't seem to care. I was sitting on a chair reading a magazine, and I didn't really notice what was going on, until all three of them came at me from different directions, slammed the carts into each other, and basically boxed me in. My claustrophobia kicked in, and I dropped my magazine and start to panic. I think I was about a tenth of a second from letting out a blood-curdling scream when the mother finally decided to step in and tell them to knock it off.

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
      There used to be a laudromat here that had a bar in it.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Laundry room hijinks by kids was a major motivation for my wife to buy her own house, including her own washer and dryer, several years before I met her. Some neighborhood kids had come to the apartment's laundry and turned the heat setting on all the dryers to the max. This ruined her clothes that were in the dryer.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I miss the laundromat in my last neighborhood - it had an arcade in it. Kind of brilliant since you were already coming in with change.

My new apartment has one literally across the street, so at least I don't have to lug things far... but man is it boring, and they don't have chairs or anything so you just sort of have to hover and dodge other people's carts. I can't imagine trying to corral kids in there.

Comment

Working...
          X