This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me likes that idea.

A bit like sitting in cosy warm comfort in our living rooms, watching a storm rage outside and knowing it can't get at us....!
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

*mops up drool and hands out treats*

Such a 'wall of shame' would be a thing of much joy. I for one would love a read only thread of comments taken out of context that didn't make it past the mods. I mean they wanted it here anyway so its not like they have any recourse when its posted for mockery reasons.
      Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

Quoth shankyknitter View Post
        they wanted it here anyway so its not like they have any recourse when its posted for mockery reasons.
        Rather like a friend of mine on Facebook, who used to use the 'Social Me' app - whenever he got a nasty 'tag' he would add the persons picture, plus the tag, to a special album he had created and all his friends would then mock that person.
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth surreal20 View Post
          I don't doubt that if they DO find her...they may ban her (might be too harsh) or SOMETHING of the likes. Make it even harder than it already is to post something bad while under "probation."
          Occasionally we keep a moderated post up long enough for all the mods to get a good laugh at it.

.... not that I've ever participated in such a thing. <innocent look>
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I think all of us would enjoy a SC-baiter web site, like the 419-baiter web site.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
              And I'm getting a terrific mental image of a cat strolling into a room expecting to own it, only to have a bunch of dogs suddenly stand up and start drooling.
              What, like this?

http://www.guy-sports.com/humor/pict...e_cat_dogs.htm

So far, every reaction I've got to this picture is followed by
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

or... better yet...

if you post it then the SC will see her own letter being up, therefore she can say that we gave her what she wanted.

so i vote to send it out only via IM... so she can't ever see it in print.

and yeah i can get more creative than "pound sand"
                my original idea was along the lines of "stop whining about how much your hurts"

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  I think all of us would enjoy a SC-baiter web site, like the 419-baiter web site.
                  Would this site have anyone good at being a SC baiter? Maybe even a master?
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

***** remembering times past ******

I remember from a while back (maybe the Mr. Slugger era) when total EW, douches, idiots, nasty-grams, angry rants about how slaves retail workers should "know their place" posts/e-mails/etc. got put into a special "Read-only" section.

Raps I wondered why you never continued this practise?????? the letters/rants were really amusing esp when Mr Slugger would answer them (for real sometimes). heck we could make it a game (which we do so well in the Games section like the Customer Complaint letters)
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I hate to be Debbie Downer, but that idea isn't a very good one.

I used to post on a site for servers to rant on before here, and that site was a total free-for-all, including members allowed to attack one another and let it go on for page after page. Trolls were free game as well, but let me tell you, 100 pages and the same bs later, the troll still won't go away and it's just exhausting. Sure, it's nowhere near like here (this place is much cleaner and more fairly and decently operated and moderated), but it wouldn't be that great to be able to read what they wrote before they were banned just for fun......it really wouldn't be worth it. It's just aggravating to read the same hate mail over and over again, or the same complaints and trolling behavior. I guess if Raps decides it's ok then it's ok, but I personally just enjoy the threads catching the Walter Mittys.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I've not really had much in the way of nastygrams. Maybe once a year if that? Mr Slugger had many more from times gone past, but I rarely get anything in that line.

I'm freshly back from a few days away, but after checking around I'm happy to say we've seen nothing from the SC in this thread.

Well, unless she backtraced our emails or something...

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                          If you are refering to the site that I think you are, they are not the type of people that you should look up to.

I would not be at all surprised if every member of that site was on some government watchlist.

Comment

I definitely do not look up to them, but I do enjoy reading about their antics.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                            X