This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apartment maintenance

one of the things i dislike about my apartment.

they post when they'll be doing maintenance - such as inspecting the heaters or changing out the light bulbs but... they don't always match their notices.

Heater inspection: that was actually on time. they came to my apartment on the second day which didn't surprise me because i'm and the far end. but that's not always the case.

light bulbs: they posted the two days they'd be coming into the apartments to replace the apartment-standard lights with energy efficient lights. Um, I'm the one paying the electric bill but ok. week came and went. They showed up the week AFTER to do the job.

I think i posted about that too... wondering why they never showed up.

But this takes the cake....
    They painted the landings last week.

When was the notice posted?... last year.

I mean not that i'm really complaining. the landing looks nice but... wow. it took them a whole flipping year to do the job? O_o okaaay

Pray your plumbing never breaks!
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

hah.

i'm hoping for real maintenance they'd actually show up.

they are kind though - one of the guys helped push my car out of the snow last winter.

Comment

I can beat that :P

TWO Years, before the leak in our den was fixed. When they finally got to it, there was a 5cm gap between the wall and floor!
        "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
        Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

I hope there were at-least 'Wet Paint' signs; or did they try the "Well, we TOLD you we would be painting them!" ?
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

At least you guys get some maintenance. Me and the roomer are continuing our quest for an apartment. The one we looked at this morning was horrible. Everything was run down to the ground on the outside and when we got inside the place there were highly visible cracks in the walls with one wall having a badly done plaster job a foot wide. We got out of there pretty quick.
            Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

Ours are pretty slow about minor stuff, but when my bathroom fixtures decided to commit suicide en masse (seriously, shower, toilet and sink all went on the same day) they came out in under an hour for each one.

Took them 8 months to fix the stuck drawer in the kitchen, though.

Comment

I finally got my complex to replace my fridge after being there for three months when I told them I was holding back my rent until it was replaced. They had one there about 1 hour after I made my threat.

Comment

When we moved in, our dryer vent had a birds nest in it on the outside of the building. We live in a walk-up, all it needed was a ladder to get at it. Two and a half months to get it fixed, they weren't happy when I handed them the bill for going to the laundromat. It finally got fixed when I told them I was calling the fire department as it was a fire hazard. We're going on three months of trying to get our fridge replaced as no matter how I adjust the temperature or how often I defrost it, I end up with frozen milk and veggies in the fridge part after one day in the fridge. I literally have to buy what we're eating each day unless I want it frozen. Maybe I should tell them I won't pay until it's fixed next month, already paid this month.

Comment

My apartment complex would definitely fit into this thread - property management company had posted signs saying that the clubhouse/rec. room building was going to be closed for remodeling, and would be open again in mid-October. It didn't work out that way......they're just now beginning (from what I can tell, anyhow) to do the actual work.

Comment

When they do work regarding the parking lot or putting in new wheelchair ramps or re-carpeting the balonies, they are always on time.

Their little notices about other stuff is always anyone's guess.

My neighbor's fridge went out on him earlier this year, and it took 3 days to get a new one ordered. The first call to the property management company, they said to fiddle with the temperature. The second call the next day, they said they'd order one. The third day, they finally put in the order.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Don't get me started about the apartment I lived in when I lived in Milwaukee.*

Something went wrong with the master shower, and the only way to turn the water off was to crank the hot water faucet all the way *on*.

They knew about it; one time they did a walk through and turned it on? off? Whatever. They never fixed it.

I think it was like that for 5 years before we moved out.

The day we turned the keys in when we moved, I turned it on/off so the water was running.

I sometimes wonder how long it took them to actually go into the apartment after we left, much less fixed the plumbing.

And there was the time when the upstairs apartment's master shower plumbing was messed up. Water was leaking into the light fixture in my shower. I took pictures and showed them to the office. It took them 6 weeks+ to finally fix that.

*I've posted stories about the kids owning the parking lots, etc.
                        I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Folks, I don't know about your locations, but California Civil Code has one interesting law in it that many landlords conveniently don't know about. It states clearly that a landlord MUST maintain a residence in a "tenantable" condition -- meaning no health hazards, repairs and maintenance must be done in a timely manner at the landlords expense, etc. (I had to take a landlady to court to get my deposit back, after she refused to pay to have the main sewer connection cleaned out -- after the roots from her (not so) prized bouganvillas clogged the pipes.)

I'm betting most of your home states/provinces/etc. have a similar law on the books. In which case, if your landlord doesn't fix (for example) the leak from upstairs into your apartment's electrical fixtures for six weeks, he's the one in deep doo-doo!
                          I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

My block is having a general lock-replacement and inspection done in the near future. Don't know when yet, they just sent a form around asking if people wanted upgrades to the lock standard at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                            X