Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope he loses his job. That's BS! If he'd done that to my dog, I would have chased him down wielding more than just a newspaper...

I promise, not all of us paper carriers are like that. I've found loose dogs on my route that received lots of ear scratches, back rubs, and sometimes even treats as I led them back to their respective homes. (Always felt kinda bad waking up the owners at that hour, but I figure if it was my dog, I wouldn't care what hour he was returned in as long as he made it safely home.)
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I have no words to describe how angry reading this made me.

If someone tried this on my dog, I would end up in jail because I would not hold back in making them regret it.

I'm glad Mogli was not too badly affected by it.

Does the paper in question have an Open Letter section? If it does, I would write a piece regarding the episode.

*offers hugs and doggie approved cookies*
      "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
      "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
      "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Please give Mogli an extra ear scritch or two from me, preferably talking in a baby voice because I can't help it. I want to pet him so badly after hearing about this. Poor thing! *cuddles Mogli*

Comment

and i'm glad you told the others in the area

as mentioned before ... newspapers are trying hard to compete with free news on the internet. and word of mouth about this will not go in the favor of the paper.

please update us on if you get a new person delivering the paper.

Comment

I told my boyfriend and my sister about the incident, and they were horrified. Their reactions varied between chasing the newspaper boy down and twatting him in the face to calling the police.
            Hugs for you both

Comment

Quoth raw456 View Post

Does the paper in question have an Open Letter section? If it does, I would write a piece regarding the episode.

*offers hugs and doggie approved cookies*
              This. Good, old fashioned, public shaming. Somebody knows this kid and will likely read it. I know if either of my parents saw something like that about me (not that I would have done anything like that in the first place), well, I wouldn't have been able to sit for a week.
              Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

awwwww big hugs to the goggie and much treats! Glad you took action against the evil newspaper boy. I can't even begin to fathom how I would react if someone took a swing at one of my pets...it certainly wouldn't be nice.

no excuse for that kind of behavior. none.
                "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                -Red

Comment

i told my boyfriend.

he was not very happy with what happened. and said that anyone who did that to one of his dogs would be hit HARD. (and i don't think he meant fists).

also he suggested some doggy self defense!

Comment

If you see him again call the local Humane Society and let them know what happened. I would bet they have a few patrons with more than enough leverage politically to have things taken care of once and for all.

Comment

Your dog went up to say hi to someone he didn;t really know just to be friendly. and the asshole tries to hit him. Thats cruel. I would deffinatly have words with the guy telling him if he did that again he's gonna be have his remaining papers given to him enema style.
                      NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Quoth Brojekk View Post
                        It just might, he'll take a swing at the wrong dog someday. And that dog's owner will fight back.
                        FTFY. Would serve that bully right to be on the wrong end of a dog lover's fist...or worse.

I'm glad you called the police and informed the neighbors about this asshole. I like the idea of the letter to the editor, but they might not print it, as it would reflect very badly on their paper. Maybe to a competitor's newspaper, or the local free weekly?
                        Last edited by XCashier; 11-15-2010, 04:19 AM.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Brick. Bricks fit in the bags between the paper.. we won't say how I know this..

Comment

Oh HELL NO! If that happened with me and SO around SO would've kicked that paperboy's ass to the moon!
                            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                              FTFY. Would serve that bully right to be on the wrong end of a dog lover's fist...or worse.

I'm glad you called the police and informed the neighbors about this asshole. I like the idea of the letter to the editor, but they might not print it, as it would reflect very badly on their paper. Maybe to a competitor's newspaper, or the local free weekly?
                              The only other paper in the area (that I'm aware of. I don't subscribe to any paper as my news is free online) is in Salt Lake, about a 35 minute drive north.

...I actually have that sign on my desk. Wife won't let me display it, so it's next to the printer. :-P
                              Coworker: Distro of choice?
                              Me: Gentoo.
                              Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

I hate animal cruelty, and love dogs - I don't have any pets, but tend to befriend my friends' and coworkers' pets and quite happily spend time with them.

Give Mogli a scratch behind the ears and hug from me! Hope the paperboy loses EVERYTHING

Comment

Working...
                                X