X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 Catbutt Faces...

... in one fell swoop!

I tried to get off the S-Bahn (Suburban Railway), but couldn't because a group old women (around 60 years old), refused to step aside let us get out of the door.
    Me: Let people get off first, please!
    Instant catbutt faces... but I still had to push forcefully through the group!
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Rude old bats. I would've pushed my way through, too.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I have seen that getting off a elevator. A group of women blocked the door on the ground level and wanted to get on with a full car and not let anyone off.

Someone held door close button and wet to the 2nd floor. On our way off we hit ALL the upper floors (12 floors) to send it up their first before it finally go down to the old women. They would have had to wait or walk to the other side of the building for the other elevator.

Comment

There's been a few times where I am riding the MUNI (municipal railway, it's what the subway around here is named) and keeping a respectable distance from the doors when the train pulls up to let people off; invariably, some EW will walk right up and stand in front of me, directly in front of the doors, directly in front of the people trying to get off the train.

When this happens, I casually stick my foot out and hook them on the ankle as they board the train, making them stumble awkwardly. I do this all while looking the other direction with complete obliviousness

Comment

One time I was heading into the building housing the stairwell to the subway. There was a small group of people gathered directly in front of it. I was about to miss my train. I announced "excuse me" as I approached. They looked at me and otherwise reacted not at all. I slipped through the group, brushing one of them. As I was walking down the stairwell he comes and gets all pissy at me. I didn't feel guilty at all.

Comment

The sight of 15 catbutt faces at once would be a majestic one.

Comment

Students at my university are like this. Despite a big sign on the steps that says "Wait for others to exit the shuttle before boarding" and me STANDING RIGHT AT THE STEPS WAITING TO GET OFF, they decide to scramble up the steps anyway. One of these days I'm going to hold onto the hand rails and double-kick them right in the chest.
              "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Or better yet-double hand on the handrails and swing back and forth omniously, legs kicking at the air. They might back off. If they get kicked in the chest, well, it was an accident.
                Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Weirdly, I don't have this type of problem. I ask once politely, once very loudly, then I just barge. Most people are so shocked at getting elbowed by a 4' 10.5" pudgy girl wearing glasses, that by the time they get around to objecting, I'm long gone.
                  "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth Jack View Post
                    One time I was heading into the building housing the stairwell to the subway. There was a small group of people gathered directly in front of it. I was about to miss my train. I announced "excuse me" as I approached. They looked at me and otherwise reacted not at all. I slipped through the group, brushing one of them. As I was walking down the stairwell he comes and gets all pissy at me. I didn't feel guilty at all.
                    I have and see this happen so often that I have become convinced that most people no longer know what the phrase, "Excuse me" means anymore.
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I can honestly say I rarely have this issue. Though yes, sometimes it happens. One look from me if I want to head out, and they suddenly move aside. Normally. There are exceptions. Of course I have stopped a fight by just standing up, didn't even do it quick *shrugs*.

I will push my way through. Doesn't bother me. Male, female, kid..you stand in the path..*shrugs*. I will at least try not to knock somebody down though.
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I have some sort of "I will you up" vibe going on. I rarely have to ask more than once.

But if they acknowledge my existence and still fail to get out of the way, I have no compunction whatsoever about going through them.

My favorite, however, are the bus drivers that actually forbid people standing at the exit doors. As much as I prefer to be there, myself, at times, I'd rather nobody be allowed to stand there if it means that nobody has to fight their way off the bus.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My stock phrase is: one way or another I'm getting through, you get to decide how.
                          Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                          Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Working...
                          X