Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you know the muffin sniffer that lives on EW lane?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know the muffin sniffer that lives on EW lane?

I was in my local supermarket a few days ago. I was in the bakery section looking to grab a few items. I noticed a EW reach into the display of muffins, pastry and doughnuts they have. Said EW bypasses the handy tissues they provide and grabs a muffin with their hand. They squeeze it, then sniff it, squeeze it again and and put back in the case. They grab another muffin and to the same thing. I tell a clerk behind the counter. They confront the SC and I get to watch the fun...

C: Hi ma'am, can I help you?
    EW: No just looking. <puts muffin they were holding back in the case>
    C: Can you please use the tissues in the future. Customers complain about it and we have to throw that product out.
    EW: Why?
    C: Well, you cant touch product with you bare hands and put it back. It is not sanitary.
    EW: Well, since you going to toss the stuff I touched and put back anyway for some dumb reason, can I have it for free?
    C: No.
    EW: Half off?
    C: No.
    EW: Well, you're rude!

The EW stomps off. I tel the clerk which flavors I saw the EW grab and out back and they pull those trays and toss it. I guess anywhere from 15-20 muffins at $1.29 each. I also talked with the MOD after I check out about the customer and how professional the clerk was.

I am willing to bet if the EW saw a employee do the same thing they would be screaming abut how they are not wearing gloves.

I agree, I bet they WOULD scream about an employee not wearing gloves! Heavens forbid!

I think they should have been charged for the product, since now it couldn't be sold.

Same goes for people whose kids cough on/touch the food at a buffet!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

So that's about(at least) $20 worth of product the EW caused to be thrown away, and then wanted for free or at a discount. Hmmm... I wonder if she knew about the touching rule beforehand and just wanted to get some muffins on the cheap or for free.

Comment

Things like this are why I no longer take items from the bakery case. Disgusting.

Comment

Quoth jjc927
          Things like this are why I no longer take items from the bakery case. Disgusting.
          You and me both.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
            I agree, I bet they WOULD scream about an employee not wearing gloves!
            Indeed.

The pizza joint where I work is fanatical about hand-washing and gloves, especially when dealing with gluten-free items (separate pans, utensils, sauce, everything!), or items that are served but not cooked in the oven (like salad toppings)...

That lady SC was just horrible! Kudos to you for preepmtively backing the employee up to the manager!
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

What the hell was the point of sniffing all of them anyway? Twat.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                What the hell was the point of sniffing all of them anyway? Twat.

****** NO RM NO RM Bad RM ********
                Must NOT make pun or crude comment
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man

****** NO RM NO RM Bad RM ********
                  Must NOT make pun or crude comment
                  Right, that's Sheldon's job.
                  "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
                  "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
                  My MySpace
                  My LiveJournal

Comment

Oh, go ahead.

Comment

Hmm, maybe the baked goods should be kept in a display case accessible only from the cashier's side of the counter. Like cigarettes, condoms and batteries. Because anything at all that is edible that is left to the hands of the general public will get molested at some point. The fucking tomato squeezers, corn peelers, bread patters, pastry sniffers, and melon jugglers. Meanwhile, the things these people do not deem satisfactory end up with finger holes and bruises and stuck back on the shelf.

I wish every piece of food the public has access to in any store (like fresh produce or baked goodies) could be equipped with a voice box. That way, when someone squeezes it, it would scream, "Oh god, I'm bleeding internally! God please no more!"

Comment

Quoth ShadowBall View Post

I wish every piece of food the public has access to in any store (like fresh produce or baked goodies) could be equipped with a voice box. That way, when someone squeezes it, it would scream, "Oh god, I'm bleeding internally! God please no more!"
                        OMG, I just had a mental image of that

Comment

That would freak me out. But then, I got yelled at by a box of haircolor the other day.

Yeah. Some marketing idiot thought it would be a great idea to have some kind of motion-detector thing on the shelf that would start yelling about what a great deal this is, blah blah blah...nearly jumped out of my skin.

Comment

Quoth ShadowBall View Post

Why do I see this as a epic prank to pull at the local supermarket???

I fugure all i need is a wireless mic/speaker set up, a large bin of tomatoes, an appropriate hiding spot and some convenient prenkees
                            "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
                            "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
                            "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                              That would freak me out. But then, I got yelled at by a box of haircolor the other day.

Yeah. Some marketing idiot thought it would be a great idea to have some kind of motion-detector thing on the shelf that would start yelling about what a great deal this is, blah blah blah...nearly jumped out of my skin.
                              Be careful near the toy aisles before. I've been startled out of a shopping stupor before by walking past one of the endcaps and having it suddenly giggling and cooing at me because of all those "real live baby doll" toys that have motion sensors on them. ::twich:: My children will not be getting those as gifts if I can help it.
                              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                              X