This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street date disaster

While shopping at WM I was in electronics looking through their DVDs when a woman approached an associate:
    SW: sucky woman
    A: associate

SW: Do you have Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure?
    A: Unfortunately , no, it's not due to me released until the 19th.
    SW: Well, don't you have any in the back?
    A: We can't sell it before the 19th.
    SW: Now listen, my darling daughter is a big fan of that movie and you WILL sell it to me now do you understand me?
    A: I'm sorry but we can't do that. We can get fined for doing that. I could get fired for selling it to you before it is officially released.
    SW: So what? You're just a greedy capitalist pig, if you put your job before customer service.
    A: I'm sorry ma'am but I can't sell it to you.
    SW: I have never heard of such fascism! You're a fascist! I'm gong to corporate! You'll be fired! Ha! Then you'll be sorry! Ha!

I told a manager that I thought the associate handed it well.

Unbelievable!!
    Seriously, who the hell talks like that?
    Some people....
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I wonder if people realize that the fines for selling things before their release date can be in the tens of thousands of dollars?
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I wouldn't even think that they'd actually have it or any other DVD before maybe the day/night before release thing. This woman was just insane.

Comment

Wow, if waiting for a DVD is the biggest problem she's ever faced, I'd love to have her life...
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

They usually get the shipments in a day or two early. I've seen a few WM sell stuff earlier than they are supposed to. Some don't care about the fine and most often, it is an idiot manager who basically says "we have it here, give her one" then other customers see it, and want it and the manager puts it on the floor.

Comment

Quoth jjc927 View Post
              I wouldn't even think that they'd actually have it or any other DVD before maybe the day/night before release thing. This woman was just insane.
              Our new releases come in several days before we can actually put them out. Maybe even a week in advance. Depends on when they get put on the UPS or FedEx truck.

The boxes have big, brightly-colored stickers on them saying not to put out the contents until the release date.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

You put your job ahead of customer service??? eleventy! What she doesn't get is that you have the job for money. It's not like you joined WM in order to stand around serving people for fun. How do people think we afford to live??
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Since your job is so disposable, I'm sure she wouldn't mind paying your wages and insurance until you found another one. (yes, I was being sarcastic)
                  A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth jjc927 View Post
                    When I did a part time job at a video store years back, one of the perks was we got to watch the new releases before the release date (the idea being that we could then talk about the movie to customers). Store would get the movies about a week before they were allowed to be set out.

Comment

I guess next time just say "We don't have any until the release date."
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        I guess next time just say "We don't have any until the release date."
                        Better yet, tell them you're "sold out'"
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

When I worked* for a friend who owned a video shop, I got to watch all kinds of movies before they were released. People who work in theaters can watch it much much sooner though (). Except for the 'direct to video' movies. Unfortunately the friend started to just play on computer all day, complain about his health to customers..and then wondered why he went out of business...

*by worked I mean volunteer as I was trying to save his shop from going under because he couldn't be bothered to get out from behind a computer. He stopped ordering new things, etc..so it was useless..but I gave it one heck of a college try.
                          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

*agrees with iradney*

she switches from capitalist pig to fascism? that's one hell of a jump in principles, i have to say. makes me wonder *sarcastically* if she really knows what those terms mean.
                            look! it's ghengis khan!
                            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure?
                              Before street date?
                              Yeah, and WalMart's willing to risk Disney NEVER giving them another movie to sell again? Disney is extremely strict on release dates. No ifs, ands, or buts. They catch you, the whole company stops getting movies.
                              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                              X