This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some proof of stupid parenting...

Like anyone on this board needs proof there's stupid parents out there...

You know how so many times parents just **beg** you to open up a closed store just to let their kids use the restroom, or ask to use an employee-only restroom, and you think "I bet that kid's been asking forever. Why did the parent wait?"

Well, I don't have an answer to that question, but I do have proof that, yes, some parents don't care about their kid's bathroom needs...

I was grocery shopping last week, and I overheard this:

Kid: Mommy, I have to go to the bathroom!
    Mom: I don't give a shit!

The kid was maybe 5? Young enough that she was sitting in the shopping cart.
    To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
    my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Kid's thoughts: I will in a minute if you don't get me to one soon!
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

I'm reminded of a similar event that happened when a friend was shopping.

they said the kid eventually kept repeating, "THE POOPOO IS COMING OUT!" over and over again.
      Cast in the name of Death, Ye not living.

Comment

I hate to hear people swearing at their young child. Really? Are you that uneducated that regular vocabulary is a struggle?
        Sorry, my love cannot be bought. And if it could, you obviously don't have enough in your account to do so.

~Do not pass go, Do not collect $200. You lose, my friend, you lose~

Comment

Quoth Nonstop_Death View Post
          I'm reminded of a similar event that happened when a friend was shopping.

they said the kid eventually kept repeating, "THE POOPOO IS COMING OUT!" over and over again.
          and then, i'm guessing the kid got in trouble for going in their pants...

le sigh
          I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Quoth Fufu487 View Post
            I hate to hear people swearing at their young child. Really? Are you that uneducated that regular vocabulary is a struggle?
            My neighbor regularly calls her 5(?) yr old son a m---f--ker. Yeah. Real class, there.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

*sighs* I remember a woman having a go at her daughter (7 or 8 yrs old-ish) "Never knew such a pain in the f***ing ass! Anyone wants f***ing kids should have a f***er like you then they wouldn't want any f***ing more!"
              The child's face went white and I swear she shrank about 4 inches.
              Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I'd be loath to call what's been described as parenting. More like abuse.

Some people make strong cases for selective breeding. Also neutering and spaying.

And some people are just jerks.
                Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

One thought that comforts me in this topic.

The children will be picking out the nursing homes.
                  Cast in the name of Death, Ye not living.

Comment

HAAAA! True!

I hears stuff like this it makes me want to hug my kid. I tell her on a regular basis how glad I am that she came to us and how happy she makes us. I can't imagine verbally abusing your own kid like this.

Comment

As soon as I read that I pictured 2 kids , and smiled.
                      ......../\
                      ....../__\
                      ..../\...../\
                      ../__\../__\

Comment

Nah, nursing homes are too expensive, and it's unlikely anyone under 30 is going to be very well of when they are older.

Why not throw our unwanted miserable parents in Antarctica and help with the starving animal problem down there?
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

So, charitably, I think of how my daughter figured out that announcing she had to go potty got results! and so would start announcing she had to go potty every time she didn't want to do something (like clean up or go to bed, etc). So maybe, just maybe, a parent might ignore a request to go potty because the child recently went and may be in that phase where they say they have to go because it gets attention.

But, you know, even when my little girl was doing that, we decided we were going to give her the benefit of the doubt. We try to remember to ask her if she needs to go potty before something like clean-up, but if we don't, we let her go. Then, if she asks again five minutes later, we explain to her that she already went and she needs to finish cleaning up or whatever before she goes again. But we always let her go once.

And even if she was pretending, there are better ways to handle that than swearing at the kid.

Comment

and I think of the infertile people who want children.

And the people like my parents who would have loved to have more children (and went into the foster program for a while, we had a few temporary siblings).

And I think what a waste it is that these are the ones who have the children. And how I'd love to pick up the kids and drop them into the families where they'd truly be loved.

Ah, to be the omnipotent dictator of the universe.
                            Seshat's self-help guide:
                            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

That kid was sitting in the shopping cart? So when she has no choice but to go it's going to go all over whatever is under her? That's disgusting. It was disgusting for many reasons anyway, but that just makes it worse.

I always take my kids to the bathroom if they say they have to go. Last week I went grocery shopping with them and my 5 year old had to go. I ran to the bathroom with her as fast as I could. If she tells me she has to go, she has to go NOW. Some of my other kids can wait a little bit, but I still try to get there quickly. I wouldn't want to wait, someone who has only been potty trained for a short amount of time shouldn't either.

I get more annoyed that they decide they have to go as soon as I walk into the bathroom for myself. I frequently do the pee dance around the hallway waiting for someone who decided they had to go as soon as I touched the bathroom door. I'm sure my neighbors think I need more medication.

Comment

Working...
                              X