X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found faith in humanity...

...and lost it again in an instant.

Went to the cinema to see Thor. It was pretty full, and I was amazed.

There were no annoying, giggly teenagers. There were no annoying parents with toddlers screaming all the way through. There were no old people commenting on everything happening on screen. No one was munching as loud as they could on their popcorn. No one was visiting the toilets every five seconds. No one was late for the showing. And I only saw ONE phone light up, and that was someone turning it off at the beginning of the movie!

It's been a long time since I enjoyed a movie without incident, and I left the cinema feeling very happy. The movie was great, and I got to enjoy the whole thing. As I left, I had to walk past the concessions stand, where I heard this:

Woman: I DON'T CARE! I WANT MY POPCORN FRESH OUT THE POPPER AND I WANT IT NOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!
    Cashier: *visabily shaken* I....I'm afraid I don't have any in the popper right now.
    Woman: *slams fist on counter* GET ME YOUR GOD DAMN MANAGER RIGHT NOW!!

She was holding up a massive line. I left before I punched her.

*tsk tsk* Getting up faith in humanity? Well I guess that will show you...

Seriously though...that EW may be in contention for Raging DB of the year award.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
      Went to the cinema to see Thor. It was pretty full, and I was amazed.
      Wait, you guys get Thor a week before us? I hate you right now. A lot.
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

That is one of the movies that is on my Must See Movies This Year, right after Deathly Hallows pt 2 but before the fourth PotC one.

The only time I see anyone at consessions making new popcorn, is when they've just opened or they're busy enough that they have to keep making it.
        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
          I left before I punched her.
          You punched her after you left?

Comment

UK gets to see a lot of movies before the States do. Not sure why.

And what did that woman think the manager was going to do for her? No popcorn in the popper means NO POPCORN IN THE POPPER. I hope the manager threw her out for causing a disturbance.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Oh you poor dear... *pats on the back*

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqGUPZEQyvc
                Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                  Wait, you guys get Thor a week before us? I hate you right now. A lot.
                  Ditto the feeling.

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
                  That is one of the movies that is on my Must See Movies This Year, right after Deathly Hallows pt 2 but before the fourth PotC one.

The only time I see anyone at consessions making new popcorn, is when they've just opened or they're busy enough that they have to keep making it.
                  I did not like Deathly Hallows pt 1. It was a long, dull, boring movie. I'm not feeling good about pt 2. Oh, I'll go see it. But I'm not jonesing for it like I am Thor and Green Lantern.
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                  X