This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jewels View Post
    The manager had to chase after them, though, because they had forgotten to grab their daughters coat...and it was cold out.
    Man, forget that... I'd have waited for them to come back in-with security/police already in the building waiting for Mr "I'll show you".
    I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
    "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
      Did you point out to them that Great Britain is in fact a government?
      Should have pointed out that Great Britain was, once upon a time, OUR government (yes I'm in the US)

And telling you the underage person shouldn't sit at the same table just because the rest of you are having a drink? That's ridiculous. There's no law that says you can't sit at the same table
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Im usually carded, and I dont mind. Hell, my mom still gets carded at 50 (in her area, they card if you look under 35.) Theres only one place I dont get carded, but thats because hubby and I go there about 2x a week.

Comment

I almost never get carded anymore. Granted, I usually stick to my regular hangouts, but very few of them ever carded me even my first time there.

I was taken by surprise last summer, however. This one bar carded me, and I'm like, "Uh... OK..." I handed her my ID. She looked at me, looked at it, and then looked at me again, apparently surprised that I was, in fact, 37, and had been legal for roughly a decade and a half. Kind of made my day, actually.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I got carded going into the river boat the day I got my hair cut short. Now, I'd been going to that particular river boat since my brother's 21 birthday, and never once been carded, but whatever. I turned over my ID willingly.

Any time I order an alcoholic drink while the family's out to dinner, I get carded. Must be because I don't usually drink liquor. It's a rare treat sometimes for me.
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Oh man i got a good one. Nothing to do with work. The first day of my writng class i tell everyone, with a laugh, that im the youngest person there and it feels weird. Everyone promptly forgets this becuase unlike me they dont ahve name remembering problems and lick to remember little details to remember faces. Our teacher had to cancel one day and one of the guys who i guess is cute ( i dont know i guess he is but he isnt my 'type') Says 'Hey Heather' Thats my name 'Lets go to a bar and drunk' I laugh and say 'I don't drink, and besides its illegal for me to drink. Im only 20.' this really surprised him. And while the rest of us where joking about what we want to do for revenge (the teacher had been not nice recently) one woman said ' lets all come to class when its half over, DRUNK!' and all but rolls on the floor laughing and i say ' now we can't do that, is contributing to the deliquence to a minor' which stops the laughing and gets me funny looks. 'I am only 20 guys' 'wow?? really??? i thought you where like 30'
              i think its awesome

Comment

Working...
              X