This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lying about wait time then being in the way

I was at Barrel of Cracker for dinner Friday night with the group that I had gone on a trip with all last week. When we came in, we were told that they needed about 5-10 minutes for some tables to clear up and then we would start to be seated. It was us and a few couples waiting in line at the time we were told this by the hostess. Several other people came up looking for seating between the time we came in and 5 minutes later, and the wait time increased all the way up to 35 minutes. About 5 minutes or so into our wait, two older women come up to the hostess and ask her what the wait time is. The hostess tells them 35 minutes, and the one woman actually says "But we've been on the line for a while!" Suuuure you have. For one, we've been here on the line for somewhere between 5-10 minutes still waiting, and if you really were in here that long then why didn't you go to the hostess and put your name down when you first came in? Then you can look around the shop and wait for your name instead of just waiting.

Then a while into our dinner, I see these two women standing and talking to two other people who were sitting and they were standing directly in the walkway between our table and that table. The waitress almost dropped glasses and spilled coffee because of how she had to quickly manuever around them.
Working...
X