This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I must complain! It's the law!

Continuing the trend of customers seeking out things about which to complain:

Hubby, daughter and I headed to the local Kroger today to do our weekly shopping and I witnessed not 1 but 2 acts of idiocy by SCs. One, a woman asked the cashier where her nametag was and she replied that she'd forgotten it. The woman said "well you need to be wearing your nametag." Okay, we can argue that cashiers are supposed to wear these things, although in my stint in retail it was never required, but to me the suck is plain. WHY do you need her to wear a nametag? She has done nothing to you to warrant you needing to complain about her by name and if she had, why couldn't you just point her out to a manager? And "you need to be wearing your nametag"? Who died and made you the boss? Not to mention:WHY DO YOU CARE? When's the last time you looked at a cashier's nametag anyway? Do you want to be her stalker? Said cashier actually wrote her name on a Postit and stuck it to her shirt., remarking to me that if she had one customer complain she'd have 20. Two was yet another old bag yelling after a guy that he was pushing the carts wrong and she didn't like to see him be so sloppy. Please, PLEASE, for the love of all that is good and holy, get lives people. Complain if you must, but do it about something that matters.
    Last edited by AquaGirl; 05-08-2011, 08:13 PM.

See, you need a meaner streak. You should have walked up to the old bag and suggested she go teach the cart man how to do it properly. Tell her she should push the carts and have him watch her closely.

As for the name tag. How about putting IMA IJUT (i'm a idiot) (yes I know it should be an, but I'm going by pronunciation) on the post it.

Comment

Quoth AquaGirl View Post
      "well you need to be wearing your nametag."
      I was instantly reminded of this old Marty Feldman sketch.....

http://youtu.be/n326mhTfQr0
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
        As for the name tag. How about putting IMA IJUT (i'm a idiot) (yes I know it should be an, but I'm going by pronunciation) on the post it.
        LOL When I worked at camp, we had a couple "Ima Pests" working there, as long as "Gofuk Yrself." That last guy was leaving anyway, so he did it just to piss off the camp director
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Bleh, some people live strictly to find shit to complain about. You stick them anywhere at all and they will find something to bitch over. You wonder if they do this with intention - like treasure hunters - or if they're just so damn good at finding fault in everything that it's now down to an art.

I'd be tempted to make a name tag that says, "Fuckface" and if anyone asks, I could say, "It's pronounced fyook-fuh-SAY" in a tone like it's painfully obvious.

Comment

I had a customer complain b/c while i was reg ona busy saturday my name tag broke so i put it beside me until i could go tothe office to fix it.

this guy actually told a manager so in the middle of a rush they pulled me off just to get it fixed. The manager said they didnt want to upset the customer. Ahhh I remember the days of having fun at work......those are over.

Comment

Correction. The nametag the employee created for herself should have read: Ura Idjut.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth sweetj82 View Post
                I had a customer complain b/c while i was reg ona busy saturday my name tag broke so i put it beside me until i could go tothe office to fix it.

this guy actually told a manager so in the middle of a rush they pulled me off just to get it fixed. The manager said they didnt want to upset the customer. Ahhh I remember the days of having fun at work......those are over.
                Just last week, I was working in the back room organizing some of the harder to reach (read: cramped) areas we have. In the process of moving boxes and brushing up against things my name tag broke. I was called to help a customer. When they saw I wasn't wearing a name tag they whined. When I explained it literally broke just minutes earlier, they refused to let me help them and left looking for another employee.

The woman said "well you need to be wearing your nametag." Okay, we can argue that cashiers are supposed to wear these things, although in my stint in retail it was never required, but to me the suck is plain. WHY do you need her to wear a nametag? She has done nothing to you to warrant you needing to complain about her by name and if she had, why couldn't you just point her out to a manager?
                While is most likely company policy the wear a name tag, how dies the SC know for a fact. If i need to know the name of the cashier at a major store, the receipt usually has that printed right on it.
                Last edited by Peppergirl; 05-10-2011, 03:55 AM.

Comment

At my store we don't wear name tags. It was suggested once, but when I asked if they'd like them to be in the shape of a bone or a fish (like they sell for dogs and cats) suddenly everyone went off the idea.
                  Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I wonder how it would be if customers were required to have their names posted on their person before entering a place of business? Put those "HELLO! MY NAME IS...." stickers on. Maybe it would shut that heffer up.

I'll look into cart pushing school some time.

Comment

Quoth Aquagirl
                      WHY DO YOU CARE?
                      Exactly, exactly, exactly! My customers are always so concerned about stuff that doesn't concern them.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

We used to have name tags, but now we only have black lanyards that state "Colleague" (or manager depending on position). We are expected to wear these as we have no specific uniform (just plain black for colleagues, Peahens brands clothes for management). I have to admit it used to freak me out a little bit when customers said "Thank you Rabbit" and then I remembered I'd have the tag on...but I always found it a bit disconcerting when strangers called me by name. I guess we don't have our names displayed now for privacy/security? Is there really any need for a customer to know our name? I can see from that point of view, that we should have the right to choose to tell strangers our names. But the cynical part of me is convinced that retail companies are trying to turn us into faceless robot-zombie slaves, and maybe having a name would indicate that we are also human and have souls

My mum works for Laura Ashley and they don't wear name tags either, but do wear badges that say Laura Ashley on them. My goofer uncle came in to visit my mum once and kept adressing all of her colleagues as Laura "Hello Laura, how are you today?" It was funnier than it sounded, my uncle just manages to get the silliest of jokes out XD

Comment

I once wore a blank spare name tag after I forgot mine. No one even seemed to notice, but I've been working there so long most of the regular customers already know my name anyway.

When I did work-study at the museum, we had a spare name tag labelled "Sweeney Todd" for anyone who forgot their name tag.
                          The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

I want a nametag that says Sweeney Todd.
                            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth AquaGirl View Post
                              WHY do you need her to wear a nametag?
                              Well, how else can she tell the service drone from a real human being? Don't want to belittle or abuse a real person, after all.
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X