This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't look as great as you think you do

We were out of breakfast stuff this morning and the BF had to be at work at 6am so no time to go buy the stuff so we went to Tim's for a bagel. We have a tiny Tims in town, it has like 3 tables and its always full of workmen, that along side a McDonalds is it for fast food.
    The set up was cashier taking money/ getting coffee and at the other end of the bar, a girl was assembling the sandwhichs/wraps/toasting bagels.

I put my order in, the Cashier was really nice, friendly, joked about how early it was etc. She gives me my reciept and tells me my order will be up at the other end of the bar. All is well.

I walk over to the other worker and watch her as she makes a breakfast wrap for another guy. She opens a package of salsa/hot sauce...something red and smears it onto the wrap and the cashier sees this and in the middle of taking an order stomps over to her co-worker and snaps at her in the snottest tone ever "UMMMMMMM excuse me but your not supposed to do that you know!". Co-worker doesn't look up but replies that she knows it's not something that usually goes on the sandwhich but the customer asked for it.

Cue the cashier ranting loudly to her co-worker about how she never follows procedure and thinks shes above the rules, all in plain sight of the customers who were by now all looking at the floor or checking out the ceiling. The place is silent as this cashier berates her coworker. It was really awkward. The co-worker says nothing she just keeps making the wrap and putting other orders through.

After the cashier is through and walks back to the counter the customer apologuises for getting her in trouble and she says quietly to him that the cashier isn't a manager and that she has been told its fine to add the hot sauce if customers ask for it. The guy comments that no one has ever told him he can't have it before and again says hes sorry (super small town, everyone knows everyone so they are pretty friendly for the most part).

I get that there are frustrations with your co-workers but seriously, take it out the back where I don't have to hear it. There is nothing worse for me than to hear someone being berated at work in front of me! I hate it, I feel bad for the person being yelled at, I get upset that my wait is longer now, it is totally innapriopriate! They have staff meetings for this kind of thing, you have a manger to talk to but even if the co-worker was 100% wrong please don't correct her rudely in front of ME!

The cashier was all smuggness to as she walked back which just made it worse, she seemed to think she was in the right and she technically may have been but she made herself into a total arse infront of at least 10 people that morning. Again, super small town, this will get around and for what, 10 cents of hot sauce.... way to show your klass!
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

wow... I hope that someone tells the manager so the manager can take her aside and tell her that that type of behavior is not only rude and inappropriate but bad for business. No one wants to go somewhere uncomfortable and tense.
    "I've put in so many enigmas and puzzles that it will keep the professors busy for centuries arguing over what I meant, and that's the only way of insuring one's immortality."
    - James Joyce

Comment

what nicolecj said; that was unprofessional and uncalled for. it's just a sauce, not extra bacon or avocado or another pricier addon, so chill tfo and move on, already.
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

What you got right there is a classic sign of General Manager of the Universe syndrome.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Pssssh! I would've said "--EXCUSE ME (cashier) I asked for it!" in a totally "YOU GORRAM BITCH" voice/demeanor. Where does she get off! (Or does she?)
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

With something as simple as sauce, this is where I think the dreaded phrase "The Customer is Always Right" applies.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I hate people who treat other employees (whether they are above them or not) like shit in front of customers. It's just as bad, if not worse, than just doing it in general.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

That is terrible. I've quit jobs because certain managers have made a habit of belittling me in front of customers. And it was always because I asked a question about how to do something that they never trained me on. Joke was on them when they had to hire 3 people to replace me!

Comment

Um, hello? Bitchy co-worker? It's Tim's. They'll put any sauce they have on ANY kind of sandwich/wrap/biscuit if you ask for it. Because they're cool that way. Yes, there is a standard way to make any menu item, but exceptions are hardly against company policy.

I love my Timmeh's.
                  What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                  X