This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlawful imprisonment by Starbuck's

Hubby and I went to Starbuck's Friday night for something cold, sweet and coffee related. This particular SB is in a strip mall and has a very small, tight parking lot. When we pulled in we had to navigate precariously around a truck that was unloading a shipment of...whatever it is that SB has shipped to them. Went through the drivethru, collected our coffee (ok, our milkshakes) and started to drive away only to realize that the guy who was unloading was headed inside, leaving a full handtruck at the end of the driverthru. Basically we were trapped between the building and the median. Since truck guy saw us we assumed he would drop off what he had inside and come back and move the handtruck so we could leave. Nope. 5 minutes go by and the busy drivethru line has backed up behind us. You would also think SB would notice but apparently not; hubby finally called them (I was shoeless and in pajamas or I would have gone inside) and they said "ohhhh we'll send him out, sorry". Guy leans out the door and gestures to hubby to drive over the curb and goes back inside! I could care less about cars but hubby has an almost new Accura in perfect condition and $200 rims. So not happening. He had to call them again and guy moved the handtruck-rolling his eyes-after 10 minutes in the drivethru. Due to the molasses like sped of SB there were only 2 cars trapped with us-the rest were still waiting for their milkshakes.

Ugh that's horrible! I think a call to corporate should be in the near future.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Delivery driver was a jackass. I know he's got a schedule to keep . . . but he was creating a problem for everyone else.

He's lucky someone didn't call a cop to write him a ticket.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I would have laid on my horn, but I'm an arsehole like that.
        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

About the time he waved your hub over the curb and went back inside, I would be asking my husband if he wanted a free handtruck with whatever goodies were on it...but I'm really evil like that.
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
            About the time he waved your hub over the curb and went back inside, I would be asking my husband if he wanted a free handtruck with whatever goodies were on it...but I'm really evil like that.
            I was a minute away from moving it myself, pjs and all.

Comment

One of my vendors leaves a handtruck full of merchandise blocking customer traffic and he will move it or he will get a chewing out at top volume.

Guy gives me any crap about it and he'll be loading his stuff back on his truck and taking it back where he got it.

I can't even process how this guy thought it was remotely acceptable to tell somebody to "drive over the curb," I don't care if it's a new Lexus or a 30 year old AMC Matador. No, not acceptable. Move your crap.

He's going to do that to somebody who's driving that Matador, and they're just going to drive over his pile of merchandise
              I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

I would have moved the hand truck myself... probably into the grass... probably all over the grass... I'd probably be ban from the store after that.
                Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                  He's lucky someone didn't call a cop to write him a ticket.
                  At my old office, we did just that. There was a slight left curve in the alley behind our parking lot. To the right, was a driveway, and a couple shops. One shop, had some sort of metal works in it. About once a week, the asshole who owned it...would decide that his shit didn't stink, and insisted on blocking access to our entire parking lot. He'd back a flatbed trailer into his driveway...and then leave the truck blocking the parking. We'd lay on the horns, since we couldn't get to work, and he'd just sit there. One morning, that prick kept us a good 10-15 minutes, simply because he couldn't be bothered to move the damn truck. Cops were called, he got cited for blocking access, and things went back to normal.
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Mystic View Post
                    I would have moved the hand truck myself... probably into the grass... probably all over the grass... I'd probably be ban from the store after that.

This is what I was thinking. Just move it and dump it all over. Prolly wouldn't cause any major damage, but that guy would have had to clean it up. Of course, then he'd prolly say I was a SC.

Comment

Cops were called, he got cited for blocking access, and things went back to normal.
                      Sometimes that's what you have to do to idiots like that... and it's even funnier if their stuff gets towed or impounded...

Comment

Working...
                      X