Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing wrong with the scumbag that slamming him upside the head, impacting the family jewels, stomping on the foot couldn't fix.
    Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

When I was fourteen or fifteen - and a very naive, shy fourteen or fifteen - I was on the train going home by myself. I was a Big Girl. It was a big thing, being allowed to travel on my own. I was probably coming home from one of the local shopping centres.

This guy came up and sat beside me. At the time, I thought it was no big deal.

Then he started putting his hand on my thigh. I was too shy to actually say anything, so I picked his hand up and put it back on his own leg.

He kept doing it the whole way until I got to my station, and got out of the train. I was too young, naive, and confused to think of anything else to do.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

One time I got felt up on a train... OK, no I didn't but I was wishing I was... probably cause I'm male and males are pervs.
        Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Well being a guy who was on the other side of a very weird occurrence, not only guys are guilty . Had a female sit on my lap and pretty much drape herself over me, without invite or anything. So...

As for the touching thing..I do not advocate violence however, there are exceptions to every rule..the minute somebody touches you without permission..all bets are off.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mystic View Post
            One time I got felt up on a train... OK, no I didn't but I was wishing I was... probably cause I'm male and males are pervs.
            You might think that, but no, you really don't. It's not like you think it might be. It's not about overly aggressive flirting, compliments, or anything like that. It's about power, and making sure you know your place.

And it doesn't just happen to women. And I know people say that in an academic way, but I can tell you that I am very close to men who have had the experience of being groped in movie theaters by other males, sexually harassed in the workplace (one case each of male boss on male employee and female boss on male employee), stalked, and in one case straight up attempted physical sexual assault on a male by a larger, stronger female.

In none of these cases was the man flattered, titillated, or in any way pleased about the situation. They were embarrassed, angered, frightened, and violated. Which is exactly how women feel when it happens to them.

Comment

Quoth Trishlovesdolphins View Post
              My friend's wife is from Japan, apparently a lot of women won't go near the train because it's just a huge perv hang out. Women get groped, even sexually assaulted on the train and no one does anything, most don't even report it because of how the culture views women. I only say this, because you mentioned yelling in Japanese, more than likely he's one of those pervs and didn't count on a Western woman not being so submissive and shy... bet he doesn't make that mistake twice.
              maybe it's me but I never encountered that on the Japanese trains. Of course it could also be that I was a foreigner and military.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                maybe it's me but I never encountered that on the Japanese trains. Of course it could also be that I was a foreigner and military.
                It does happen. In fact, there was a particular gang of girls I read about in an article that would dress up one of the girls in the traditional school uniform, then stand a bit away from her on the train, with cameras ready. They'd wait for someone to grope the bait girl, catch it all of camera, then shake the guy down for cash or else turn over proof of his crime to the police. Apparently, the stigma is enough that they were making some serious dosh.

I'm kinda torn on it still. On one hand, I don't agree with extortion, but then, the pervs deserve it. Justice and the law do not always walk hand-in-hand, after all.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Mystic View Post
                  i've actually have stories of some of my male friends getting felt up by members of both sexes, two of which I witnessed on the bus.

Comment

I have been felt up and groped on a train and trust me no one wants that it was creepy and a little scary. The train was packed like a sardine can so I couldn't do much besides try and move away as much as I could, which wasn't much since I had no room.
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I had one time I was waiting for a friend coz we were walking home together from work when this one guy came up to me. I knew him because he shopped in my store a few times so we sat and talked shit for a while. He reached to take my hand and I thought it meant hand shake and he did shake my hand but then brought his hand to his penis. I yelled and literally shoved his ass backwards. The only way he remained on his feet was that he slammed into the wall. He started saying he was lonely and I stopped him cold saying that I basically didn;t give a fuck and if he came near me again Id beat his ass. He got mad and said that he didn't come to america for this bullshit. I told him the same thing. If he comes near me again, id beat the shit out of him. I havn't seen him since then. My friend said he wished he was there at the time because he'd would have put the guy in the hospital.
                      NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Oh, I guess he thought he was coming to America so he could be a disgusting pervert at will, eh?

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                          I have been felt up and groped on a train and trust me no one wants that it was creepy and a little scary. The train was packed like a sardine can so I couldn't do much besides try and move away as much as I could, which wasn't much since I had no room.
                          Make a scene. Make a fuss. These assholes count on you being too 'nice' and 'polite' and embarassed about the situation to do that.

If you can grab his hand, do what someone said earlier in this thread - raise it high and ask loudly "Has anyone lost a hand? I found this one on my ass!"

Or just turn, shove your arms up between you and the pervert, and shout "NO! Go away!" or "Leave me alone!" or "Don't touch me!" or whatever comes to mind.

You can also make your way to the door, get off at the next stop and get on the next carriage down; thus getting away from the creep. It doesn't shame the jerk, but it gets you away from the situation.

If there's security cameras on the train, make a good solid attempt to get the camera to have a shot of the creep's face. Make your fuss, then point to the camera. It's likely the creep will react by looking at the camera without thinking about it.

The only time there's nothing you can do is when attempting something is likely to cost you your life. A moment of unjustified embarassment? Bah.

(And why should WE feel embarassed? We're the ones being victimised here!)
                          Seshat's self-help guide:
                          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I've not been groped on public transport but I did have one short guy complete with traditional "flasher mac" stand far too close in front of me on the tube with his crotch almost in my face. The train wasn't that packed!

So, I took advantage of what he was obviously waiting to take advantage of.. raised the book I was reading a little & let the swaying motion of the train (with a little extra help from me) jab the corner of it into his junk!
                            Suddenly, he decided he'd rather stand in the corner by the doors

What can I say.. accidents happen
                            Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

I got straight up groped at a punk show one time, turned around came "this" close to jacking a friend of mine up against a wall. I turned, grabbed him before I registered who he was and then went "Whoa, it's Eric."

No, it had not been him. Believe me, he wasn't the type to do this sort of thing and was shocked and embarrassed when I told him why I had him by the front of the shirt.

He had been behind me and a bunch of guys had squeezed between us and my back hand been turned. The place was crowded and neither of us could identify anyone. I mean, it was a sea of black leather, ripped denim, and mohawks.

Whoever did it had balls, I'll give him that. My friend who almost took the fall for it was approaching seven feet tall and I was with a gang of metalheads, mostly dudes.

And I've been in Rome. And of course I had handprints on my ass there. It really floors me that humans think they can do this to other humans and it's okay. I guess too often, it IS okay. Which really, really sucks.
                              Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 05-19-2011, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                                I got straight up groped at a punk show one time, turned around came "this" close to jacking a friend of mine up against a wall. I turned, grabbed him before I registered who he was and then went "Whoa, it's Eric."
                                Something like that happened with the karaoke guy at the one bar I used to frequent, and my friend Jane. Jane hadn't been out in awhile, so my friend Trina and I took her there.

After we had been there a couple hours, and had done a few songs and drank a few beers, I went to the DJ to hand in another song slip, and he said to me, "Hey Mike! That chick you're with just smacked me!"

I looked at both Jane and Trina and asked him, "Which one?"

He told me it was the "tall skinny one", meaning Jane.

I didn't think Jane would do something like that, at least not without a reason, so I asked her what happened. She told me, "He grabbed my ass!"

I didn't think the DJ would do that. Don't get me wrong, we all get a little playful among friends, but none of us would ever do something like that to someone we didn't know, and weren't sure was OK with that.

The bartender didn't kick her out, but she did cut her off. No big deal, it was almost the end of the night anyway. But I was still trying to make sense of it all.

A few nights later, I was chatting with Trina, and we figured out what happened. Trina told me she didn't see the DJ grab Jane's ass, but she did see her turn around and smack him. She thinks that it was either her or me that did it, which Jane would have been fine with since we're all friends, and she turned around and saw the DJ, and thought he did it.

Feeling kind of stupid after that, when I went to the next show, I explained to the DJ that is was all a misunderstanding. He just chuckled and said, "So it was your fault? You just wait! I'll get some chick to smack you next time!"
                                Sometimes life is altered.
                                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                                Uneasy with confrontation.
                                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                                X