This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope I wasn't sucky

I went to the drive-through at McD's after work tonight. It was as if I'd never done this before. I was asking questions like, "The small fry is the little bag, right?" I didn't know any of the sizes or shake flavors. I was even trying to remember if they serve Coke or Pepsi. Oi. They must have either been annoyed or laughing at the confused lady in the drive-through. Anyway, I ended up ordering a medium fry, a shake, and a large DIET Coke.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

I wouldn't worry about it - they are used to questions and you weren't asking just to be a smart alec. I've asked some random ones (not being a huge fast food person) and never gotten a negative response.

Comment

McD's is becoming the walmart of fast food. A bazillion different products, need a road map, six coaches, and a interpreter to figure out things. Too bad sometimes their food down right is not very tasty.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

IMO if you are asking yourself "Am I [being] a sucky customer?" the answer is probably no
        Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
        What's the difference?
        We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

no, you weren't; i get the feeling you don't do fast food very often, so it's not an issue to ask about sized (especially if they vary from place to place, say mc d's to jack in the crack, etc.).

you just wanted to know options and that's a good thing.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

No, as someone who works there I can tell you that is not sucky. At the very most that would be annoying, but only when the person does it with attitude.
            It always makes me laugh when I ask someone what size they want and they ask me what sizes we have. Uhmm small, medium, large... the normal ones. I can understand when they don't know how big a small is or whatever or want to know how many ounces is in something, but it's weird when they just want me to tell them the names of the sizes.

Comment

Quoth notlovinit View Post
              It always makes me laugh when I ask someone what size they want and they ask me what sizes we have. Uhmm small, medium, large... the normal ones. I can understand when they don't know how big a small is or whatever or want to know how many ounces is in something, but it's weird when they just want me to tell them the names of the sizes.
              I take it you don't visit Starbucks that often? And then there are the other fast food places that have ditched Sm/Med/Lg in favor of Reg/Med/Lg or Med/Lg/Oversized or similar.
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                I take it you don't visit Starbucks that often? And then there are the other fast food places that have ditched Sm/Med/Lg in favor of Reg/Med/Lg or Med/Lg/Oversized or similar.
                Yeah and I totally understand that, which is why it would make sense if they wanted to see how big a size was or said a size we don't actually have or whatever, it just makes me laugh when they want to know the names of the sizes.

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                  Or if you're buying popcorn, it's Large, Chubby, and Super Extra Chubby.

(I hope I got that quote right.)
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post

Almost - We have Large, Super Chubby, and Double Super Chubby!

But isn't the large a small???

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post

Right now, the McD's drinks seem to come in Big, Bigger, and Way Too Freakin' Big. Back in high school I'd supersize my meals to get the larger fries, and always had flat soda before I could finish it. Yay for them slightly upping the fry sizes since then so I don't have to get the largest soda to enjoy yummy fatty goodness.
                      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth RichS View Post
                        Uh, I'll have to ask my manager.
                        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

FL, I can't imagine you ever being an SC.

Quoth RichS View Post
                          We have Large, Super Chubby, and Double Super Chubby!

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                          Uh, I'll have to ask my manager.

I miss Animaniacs.
                          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

i order diet when i go out - although i don't go to mcdonald's - so when I order my soda i usually just say "diet" cos i don't care if it's coke or pepsi. unless they have diet dr pepper.... then i'll care

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                              i order diet when i go out - although i don't go to mcdonald's - so when I order my soda i usually just say "diet" cos i don't care if it's coke or pepsi. unless they have diet dr pepper.... then i'll care
                              I generally do the same. Recently was the first and only time I was asked to choose between Diet Pepsi and Diet Dr. Pepper.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                              X