This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very strange custy

I don't know if this is the right place for it or not since it really felt like a sighting, but I was at work serving this person. Please move if necessary.

I was cleaning in my department and this couple came up to my counter and the way they did it I just had to watch. The girlfriend came up all nice and normal, the boyfriend however was singing and dancing (badly) all the way to the counter and I thought here we go. I had to wait for him to stop his little 1 person show to ask what they wanted, I chose to ask the girlfriend which I thought was the logical choice seeing as she seemed perfectly normal and sane. I started to ask the girlfriend and the guy just blurted out "whiting", I've had people blurt out stuff before so I just answered thinking I'd better just get rid of this weirdo as soon as possible. I started to tell him "the whiting we have is either fr-" and in the middle of my telling him he cuts me off, "flounder" and then he starts singing (loudly) and dancing (like an idiot) again. His girlfriend had to yell for him to stop because I needed to know haw much they wanted, he said 2 and continued to look like an idiot. I weighed up the fish and he wanted to know how much it was but before I could answer he said to just give him a pound. When I was getting more fish out of the case he asked me who my favorite artist was, I was so tempted to say Thomas Kinkade but I said Stevie Nicks instead. He said he didn't know any songs by that guy and asked his girlfriend if she did and she just shrugged but when he turned his back she nodded. I handed her the fish and gave her a small look of sympathy, she told her boyfriend that she got the fish and he proceeded to say "see. all she does is stand there, I can't take her anywhere." I'm glad they left my department as quickly as they did, a couple of people were staring at him. Even Sue from the bakery came out from behind her counter to gawk at him, she thought he was drunk. In my own opinion I think he's an idiot, and I hope she dumps him soon cause she can do better.
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

Doesn't know any songs by that guy? really?

sigh
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I would have just given him my honest answer if he asked my favourite artist. Of course, my favourite is Aya Hirano the female Japanese musician
      Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
        Doesn't know any songs by that guy? really?

sigh
        I know! He has some really good songs!

Comment

Quoth Lachrymose View Post
          I know! He has some really good songs!
          Yeah he does

Comment

he would have had problems with me, then. "can you sing like rob halford? no? then stfu."
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

It seems like he decided beforehand that he was gonna act that way to see how you'd react.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Haha, that sounds like something I would do. You can't take me out in public.
                Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Quoth Mystic
                  Haha, that sounds like something I would do. You can't take me out in public.
                  Nor me. I'm quite upfront with new co workers and managers that I'm strange and damn proud of it.
                  Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                  Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

That's pretty darn weird. But hey, at least he's having fun, right?
                    The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

My husband does things like that. Of course, he usually knows when to stop. And he knows who Stevie Nicks is.
                      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                      -Mira Furlan

Comment

First off, not knowing who Stevie Nicks is, is just plain ignorant. Second, I'd have been backing sloooooooowly away as they approached. Seriously.
                        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I only vaguely know who Stevie Nicks is and I don't like her or Fleetwood Mac (which is about the only reason I know who she is, so I don't listen to her stuff).

This dude was being weird for the sake of being obnoxious, which just makes him a jerk.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I'd say people 20 and under can be forgiven for not knowing who Stevie Nicks is. Shame, though, I think she's awesome. Have since I was a kid.

Kids these days have no appreciation for good rock.

We need a wrinkly smilie waving a cane for occasions like this.
                            What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
                              I'd say people 20 and under can be forgiven for not knowing who Stevie Nicks is. Shame, though, I think she's awesome. Have since I was a kid.

Kids these days have no appreciation for good rock.

We need a wrinkly smilie waving a cane for occasions like this.
                              That just floors me.....Fleetwood Mac and later Stevie were SO wildly popular back in the day I can't imagine them just fading away.

Speaking of which Stevie has a new album out now...can't recall the name right off hand.

I'm familiar with music that's before my time why can't others be like that now....

Comment

Working...
                              X