Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post
      this reminds me of a joke:

An African woman is flying, and its near the end of the flight, when the "stewardesses" are asking everyone to put their trays up; and the woman refuses/ignores the request etc,... the "Stewardess" comes over and explains, again that she needs put her tray up, when the woman states "In my country I am considered a Princess, I take orders from no-one" to which the "Stewardess" replies:"Well, in my country I'm called a Queen, so I outrank you, now put the damn tray up, Bitch!"

(yes for this joke the Stewardess is a flaming gay man - think Jack from the TV show "Will and Grace")

I love it!

This reply brought to you courtesy of the brand new keyboard IT just brought up for me.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
        As I said, not prejudiced against those who speak Spanish. I just find it utterly amazing how many that shop at Wal-Mart claim they don't speak English, but conveniently are able to when you piss off someone like this.

My dad was on a flight a while back with this guy who was told he needed to end his cellular phone call since the plane was about to take off. Afterward, this guy switched from English to Spanish, as if he was trying to fool the stewardess that he didn't know what she meant. He certainly understood when she came back and sternly ordered him to end it.
        Good thing a steely glare and pantomime are pretty much universal.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
          Here's the clincher though. When I got to that break and they saw me, they kicked it into gear and tried to beat me to the cashier as well.
          OT but this reminds me of several years ago when I was driving on a single lane road. The speed limit was 40 MPH and a guy in a van ahead of me was going about 25 to 30 MPH. I was in no particular hurry so I was pacing him a couple of car lengths back but when a legal passing zone came up and no one was coming the other way I went to pass him.

That fucker put his gas peddle to the floor. By the time I pulled in front of him I was going 60 MPH and he was about six inches from my bumper. I could see him staring at me with one hand on the wheel and a giant coffee cup in the other hand.

I tapped my brake, not hard enough to slow my car but hard enough for my brake lights to come on. He must have thought I was going to slam on my brakes because he locked his up; the coffee cup went flying out of his hand, hit the windshield and exploded. Last I saw of him he was pulling over, probably to try and clean coffee off his windshield, dashboard and himself.

I sometimes wonder if it is nature or nurture. Are some people just born assholes or do they get trained to be assholes by their parents?
          You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Quoth Caractacus_Potts View Post
            That fucker put his gas peddle to the floor. By the time I pulled in front of him I was going 60 MPH and he was about six inches from my bumper. I could see him staring at me with one hand on the wheel and a giant coffee cup in the other hand.
            This reminds me of something that happened on the drive back from St. Louis this past weekend. I'll post it in Roadkill to avoid going OT for this thread.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
            X