This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused Women and Skeevy Men

I wasn't taking care of this woman but it was at my work. My CW "Georgia" if people remember her from my other thread, was taking care of her. Confused the heck out of her. You have to have the brand name for this to work...lol.

SC: I want a pack of USA Gold short 100s.
    G: ...um. What?
    SC: USA...uhhhh...short....Gold....100s.
    G: *walks over to the shelf* Okay, you want USA Golds, do you want reds?
    SC: Golds.
    G: USA Gold Golds?
    SC: No...regulars.
    G: Okay, now do you want the short ones or the long ones?
    SC: 100s...short 100s.
    G: *siiiiiigh* These ones, or these ones?
    SC: Small ones.
    G: Okay.

You're Skeevy...

I work at a store that isn't close to my house. The closest one is actually not even a mile from my house, I could probably walk there. I went there the other day to get a snack and there was this really creepy guy who was all smiling weird at me and trying to talk to me about the beef jerkey, just gave me the creeps.

Well yesterday I went back there and he was again the only register open and this time I'd gotten a cup of pop with all the rest of my stuff which should have registered as some kind of rewards on my card. When I got home, however, I realized I didn't have any more points on my card because HE HADN'T RUNG UP MY DRINK. I didn't even think to check while I was at the store and the prices just changed so for everything else it didn't sound wrong to me, goodness gracious, what a skeevy guy! Like he was trying to hit on me or get me to come back to him to get drinks for free or something.

Should I be angered or flattered? Because right now I'm just angry, what a nutbag. He's SO CREEPY.

Quoth Gaki View Post

SC: I want a pack of USA Gold short 100s.
    G: ...um. What?
    SC: USA...uhhhh...short....Gold....100s.
    G: *walks over to the shelf* Okay, you want USA Golds, do you want reds?
    SC: Golds.
    G: USA Gold Golds?
    SC: No...regulars.
    G: Okay, now do you want the short ones or the long ones?
    SC: 100s...short 100s.
    G: *siiiiiigh* These ones, or these ones?
    SC: Small ones.
    G: Okay.
    Seems perfectly straightforward to me.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
      Seems perfectly straightforward to me.
      Shorts =/= 100s

Should have clarified. Shorts are short and 100s are longs. They're opposites.

Comment

Missed that part.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

And USA Gold is the entire brand. So she was being repetitive and contradictory! Yay cigarette buyers. Some of the most confusing orders I ever had as a cashier.
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I'd be ticked off at skeevy guy. I want my points, dangit!

Quoth Becks View Post
            Missed that part.
            That's okay. I only got it because I've worked the cigarette lane before, so I know that 100's are the long ones. Sometimes you forget that not all the terminology is apparent to non-smokers and people who don't sell them on a regular basis.
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

the 100s in a cigarette name refers to the fact that they're the longest type made by most brands. In Canada, at least, most brands have a regular, a king (which is in between reg & 100) and then you've got 100s, which are longer and thinner.

And then you've got More cigarettes, which we like to call bitchsticks (super long, skinny and dark brown in colour).

Sometimes I actually miss smoking and the surrounding culture
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

And then, at least in the area where I was working the cigarette aisle, there was one brand (don't recall the name) that only came in 100s and 120s. They labeled them as such because their shortest cigarettes were the same length as the other brands' 100s. Go figure.

Man, I don't miss the cigarette aisle....
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi
                  And then, at least in the area where I was working the cigarette aisle, there was one brand (don't recall the name) that only came in 100s and 120s. They labeled them as such because their shortest cigarettes were the same length as the other brands' 100s. Go figure.

Man, I don't miss the cigarette aisle....
                  Virginia Slims, Misty's, and Capri's all come in 100's and 120's.
                  Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                  Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Becks smokes, so she knows the difference for regs and 100s.

Makes me glad I don't work at the gas station anymore. Now when I work in the deli, I just get a lot of:
                    "I want the turkey that's on special."
                    "Which flavor?"
                    "The one that's on special."
                    Cue me walking around the counter to show the customer that there is, in fact, at least 2 flavors of turkey on sale, and asking again which one.
                    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                      Cue me walking around the counter to show the customer that there is, in fact, at least 2 flavors of turkey on sale, and asking again which one.
                      Wait..you actually tried to apply logic..and it worked?!
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

And back in the late 60's/early 70's Chesterfields(?) had "101's" with a great commercial jingle: "A silly millimeter longer, 101's..." The earworms still throw it up at me once in a while.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                          Wait..you actually tried to apply logic..and it worked?!
                          Yup.

Scary.
                          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                            Yup.

Scary.
                            *goes and checks cabinet for tin foil*

Yup, got lots. Better go collimate the telescope and make sure the mirror is really clean.

They aren't going to sneak up on ME.
                            What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                              And back in the late 60's/early 70's Chesterfields(?) had "101's" with a great commercial jingle: "A silly millimeter longer, 101's..." The earworms still throw it up at me once in a while.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIsoWEVItas
                              yeah i can see why that'd get stuck in your head.

and bleh. i hope mr. skeevy doesn't think you'd fall for that. "oo free soda. he is so hot!"

Comment

Working...
                              X